What's new

Newbie here - Home theater equipment setup (1 Viewer)

DataNerd

Auditioning
Real Name
sdfa;sklj;ajf
Hello all, new here... So I'm setting up my new house with a home theater. Everything from scratch. I've been looking on Amazon since we have prime and they seem to have pretty good deals and selection. Here's what I have picked out below. Advice/suggestions would be great! The total is about $2200 - I'd like to keep it under $2500. Anybody have any feelings about these components, others in a similar price range, or the general mix? Thanks! Screen: $166.77 - FAVI HD-100 16:9/100-Inch Electric Projector Screen Blu-ray: $109.98 - LG BD670 3D Wireless Network Blu-ray Disc Player with Smart TV Projector: $1,142 - Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8350 Projector Mount: $50.00 - Atdec TH-WH-PJ-FM Telehook Universal Projector Flush Mount - ATDEC Receiver: $386.43 - Yamaha RX-V667 7.2-Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black) - Yamaha Electronics Speakers: $399.00 - Energy 5.1 Take Classic Home Theater System (Set of Six, Black) - Energy

DataNerd

Auditioning
Real Name
sdfa;sklj;ajf
If I might bump my thread from last week - I looked at some of the newer reviews, and the Onkyo TX-NR609 got some pretty good marks. Would it be preferred over the Yamaha? In case it matters, I'd also be hooking this guy up to DirecTV - which I've heard can be finicky. Regarding projector budget - I can't find any options that don't blow the budget that get better ratings than the Epson. Suggestions? Thanks all! Pending input, I'm thinking of pulling the trigger with the above configuration, swapping receivers for the Onkyo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks