What's new

(newbie) 2 question for Denon 3802 (1 Viewer)

Hi y'all
Newbie to this board and have been researching the basics of setting up my HT since I made the substatial investment (according to my paycheck) in this receiver and the Polk RM7500 speaker set. I had some questions regarding the Denon 3802 receiver that I am guessing someone here can answer:
1. Looking at the Denon website, they listed under the 3802 receiver listing, something "new" relating to the receiver. I opened it up and it gave me a listing of "RC Codes"
http://www.denon.com/catalog/pdfs/sfor3802.pdf
2. This is probably a basic question, but what are the second set of power rating listed for this receiver, or any receiver as a matter of fact, in the power amplifier section. Listed for the Denon are: (front only for example purposes.
Front
110 + 110 (8ohms, 20Hz - 20kHz, .05% THB)
150 + 150 (6ohms, 1kHZ, .7% THB)
I was just curious on these questions so anybody that can help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Mike Strassburg

Second Unit
Not sure about the 1st question but for the 2nd:

If your speakers are rated at 6ohms then the amp will push 150watts vs the 110 for an 8ohm load. HTH...Mike

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
mike's right, but notice that for the 6ohm load, you're running .7thd. that's significantly higher than .05 for the 8ohm load.
there's plenty of argument about whether someone can hear .7thd -- much less .05thd. in any case, the lower the better.
here's a good explanation of what thd is:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...004#post742004
i have no clue what that rc code thing is...trippy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks