1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

New Yorker Cartoons

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Sumnernor, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Sumnernor

Sumnernor Well-Known Member

Sumner Northcutt
    This is mostly for people living in germany or nearby. There is a store called 2001 ("zweitausendeins" - www.zweitausendeins.de) and they are selling a book "The Complete Cartoons of the New Yorker" for 14.95EU. The book comes also with 2 CDs with all the cartoons in PDF format.

The link on their web site for this is:

http://www.zweitausendeins.de/suche/?ArticleFocus=6&ord=-1&alpha=1&cat=10&q=New%20Yorker

2. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Sumner,

Sorry to have missed this post when you posted it.

Will give it a thorough look now!

Thanks!

Cees

3. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Well-Known Member

Joseph DeMartino
    I have the U.S. edition of the book. This is the kind of thing that makes an Amazon Prime membership worthwhile. The book itself is huge and it weighs a ton. The shipping charge is probably close to the cost of the book. One of the nice things about having the 2 CDs included is that you reduce the risk of hernia. But it is definitely worth buying.

Regards,

Joe

4. Sumnernor

Sumner Northcutt

I looked at Amazon.com and could not find US postage for a book other than a an initial fee + (book fee) x number of books. A few years ago, I bought from Amazon "The Completed Emma Peel" which has circa 16 DVDs and the postage was circa $10!

5. Sumnernor

Sumner Northcutt
    I was in the store "2001" today and one could purchase a book for 29.90 EU of all of the center pictures of Playboy thru 2007,

6. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Well-Known Member

Joseph DeMartino

Ah. I thought they charged on large items by weight, as many web sites do. Since I'm an Amazon Prime member I get 2-day shipping free, so it has been years since I paid a shipping fee or paid much attention to them.

Regards,

Joe