1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

New TV- need help selecting. Max budget $4K (Plasma? LED? Samsung? Panasonic?)

Discussion in 'Displays' started by macd1995, May 23, 2012.

1. macd1995

macd1995 Auditioning

I ended up buying the Samsung 55" LED. I got the DefTech Mythos which are really thin, so I wanted the TV to match that.
    Obviously went with the Marantz receiver- 6005. Happy with my choice, though gaming is much better on the plasma... Playing MLB the show on the 720 Plasma was awesome... given that the game only displays in 720p, the leaner 1080 Samsung can't compete with the Plasma... though the surround sound is awesome in the receiver that the Samsung LED is connected to.. thanks for the help.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. macd1995

macd1995 Auditioning

I ended up buying the Samsung 55" LED. I got the DefTech Mythos which are really thin, so I wanted the TV to match that.
    Obviously went with the Marantz receiver- 6005. Happy with my choice, though gaming is much better on the plasma... Playing MLB the show on the 720 Plasma was awesome... given that the game only displays in 720p, the leaner 1080 Samsung can't compete with the Plasma... though the surround sound is awesome in the receiver that the Samsung LED is connected to.. thanks for the help.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. macd1995

macd1995 Auditioning

4. macd1995

macd1995 Auditioning

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. dmiller68

dmiller68 Supporting Actor

David Miller
    Nice setup it looks just like mine except I went with the Panasonic.

[​IMG]

6. macd1995

macd1995 Auditioning

Ha! How did you decide on that set up? I saw it on an internet search and decided mine would look like that. What size TV? Plasma or LED? Which Speakers did you go with? I initially was gong to order the 59" Samsung plasma and order the Speakers to match... I changed my mind after I got the speakers (smile). Your looks fresh. What did you do for Rears?

7. macd1995

macd1995 Auditioning

Ha! How did you decide on that set up? I saw it on an internet search and decided mine would look like that. What size TV? Plasma or LED? Which Speakers did you go with? I initially was gong to order the 59" Samsung plasma and order the Speakers to match... I changed my mind after I got the speakers (smile). Your looks fresh. What did you do for Rear Speakers? Here is the TV with an image of KG looking bruised and beaten last night! (Smile)
    [​IMG]

8. macd1995

macd1995 Auditioning

Ha! How did you decide on that set up? I saw it on an internet search and decided mine would look like that. What size TV? Plasma or LED? Which Speakers did you go with? I initially was gong to order the 59" Samsung plasma and order the Speakers to match... I changed my mind after I got the speakers (smile). Your looks fresh. What did you do for Rear Speakers? Here is the TV with an image of KG looking bruised and beaten last night! (Smile)
    [​IMG]