1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

New Tosh 50HDX82 sound and picture questions

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Gary.Blevins, May 6, 2003.

1. Gary.Blevins

Gary.Blevins Active Member

Just received my new Tosh 50HDX82 last night, and after setting it up, I noticed two issues:

1. There appears to be, for lack of a better description, a wavy, static filled line about 1/2" running vertically the length of the extreme left side of the screen, when in Theater 1 mode. It almost appears as if picure is skewed to the right too far. Has anyone else seen this? I am hoping that this is an issue that the Good Guys service techs can remedy with an alignment, but I am not sure.

2. With the purchase of the TV, a new bed, and landscaping all within the last month, I am holding off on a center channel for a month or so, so I am using the option to have the TV's 4 speakers function as a center channel. This works, BUT the volume of the center channel is now so high, that my reveiver cannot compensate enough to have it match the other 4 speakers. The TV volume control has no effect, obviously. Has anyone else had this problem, and how did you remedy it? (Other than purchasing a center channel)[​IMG] I was thinking a rheostat or resistor or the like.

Thanks,

Gary