What's new

New to the forum + newbie questions (1 Viewer)

JesseBro

Stunt Coordinator
just like to say hello to everyone and thank you for all the helpful write ups ive read so far. anyway, im getting into the whole "home theater" thing now that i have my first apartment and im feeling a bit overwhelmed. right now i have just a plain ol mini stereo with some decent Vidsonix mini tower speakers. these sound surprisingly clean for the price i paid and im planning on moving them to the rear of my surround setup for now. so far im looking at 2 or 3 entry level receivers that i can get a very low price (im ebay shopping). first off is a Technics SA-AX7 with info here: crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-ImL5lmIlrH3/ProdView.asp?i=133SFDX7&s=0^
and second is a Panasonic SA-HE100: crutchfield.com/S-ImL5lmIlrH3/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=133SAHE1HK^

ive been auditioning speakers at my local stereo shop and have been very impressed with Paradigm for both my front speakers and center channel (undecided on models). at this point i DO NOT want to spend much on a receiver as i plan on upgrading when 6.1 and other formats are more readily available to use. anyway, im just looking at input as to buying one of those receivers or something else in the $100 ebay price range. i was just looking for a good overall receiver to get me started while i research heavily on the speakers themselves. as far as the Technics receiver is concerned, i know the panasonic is just a little bit newer as they have discontinued the Technics line up. It also doesnt have DTS, but my Hitachi DVD has the decoder built in.

just looking for some input, sorry if its a little confusing

if it helps, my living room is about 20x14 with arched ceilings

Anthony*B

Stunt Coordinator
I was/am on an ultra low budget, and I found a "last year's model" Pioneer receiver (VSX-511 I think) at an Ultimate Electronics for 169$......100 watts per channel...definitely not Denon-class, but I'm very happy (for the price)
Also you may check out Fluance speakers...lotsa controversy around them, but I lovwe mine (my buddy W/ Klipsch speakers was very impressed by them too)...5.1 system W/ out sub for 300$...not bad/sound great to me at least!
I wish the Pioneer did have more user options though...:frowning:

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
I was in the market for a home theater setup for my bedroom and lucked into a Sherwood RD6108 5.1 100 watt per channel receiver at www.outpost.com selling for $79.99. The price has since risen to $129.99. Unfortunately, it is sold out at outpost, but can be bought on sale at Circuit City for $129.99. This combined with an AudioSource 6 speaker surround system was just around $200.00 for me.

JesseBro

Stunt Coordinator
well it looks like i will be getting the Technics SA-AX7

i couldnt be happier.... got it for $103 shipped off of ebay from emartdepot.... it was a floor model, so i can live with that.

next up is the paradigms :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks