What's new

New to 3-D-- Glasses question (1 Viewer)

Jon Bell

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys- I've been off this forum for a while, and I've come back because I'm doing an across-the-board upgrade of my setup.

I've purchased a Panasonic ae-8000u 3d projector, and the seller added 2 pairs of Xpand 3d glasses to the bundle. I've been looking on Amazon at the 3d glasses, and they range from $20 to >$100 for active shutter glasses. There is very little in the product descriptions about what brands/ models they are compatible with.

I don't expect to use the 3d a lot, but when I do, I'm likely to have more than 2 viewers, so I'd like to get at least 3 more pairs.

Does anyone have any experience with the cheaper versions?

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Sadly, in the realm of active shutter 3D glasses, the maxim, " you get what you pay for" reigns. If glasses are in the $20-49 range, they are likely non-rechargeable, meaning a hefty investment in batteries over time. $50 and above are generally rechargeable, but pay close attention: the AE-8000U uses IR glasses, so you've got to make sure that whatever glasses you buy support IR, as RF glasses will not work. A Google search may assist; failing that, look into the Xpand model you already have. The X104 Youniversals appear to be compatible with the 8000U, but they run about $70 at Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks