What's new

New Timeless Media & Millcreek Releases (1 Viewer)

Stephen Bowie

Stunt Coordinator
Timeless also stuck the same opening title on each episode of M Squad. It might've seemed like a good idea at the time, but it's a minor annoyance because it means I can't tell how good or bad the image quality of the rest of the episode will be until after the theme.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Originally Posted by Stephen Bowie

Timeless also stuck the same opening title on each episode of M Squad. It might've seemed like a good idea at the time, but it's a minor annoyance because it means I can't tell how good or bad the image quality of the rest of the episode will be until after the theme.

....also,did the show have a couple of slighty different opening titles?

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
I see that Timeless is releasing the Chuck Connor's series Branded as a complete series. I think I read somewhere that the versions they used in their previous releases were badly cut syndicated prints; what are the chances that they would use some uncut prints this go around?

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
No chance, if the run-time listed at Tvshowsondvd.com for the complete set, 1144 minutes, is correct. With 48 episodes and roughly two hours of extras the episodes would come in at 22 minutes.

BRANDED was originally produced by Goodson-Toddman and was sold at some point to King World syndication, which in turn is now part of CBS Paramount. King World, I think, supplied the prints to Timeless for Branded. If, uncut prints exist they should be with Paramount now. Maybe?

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
Thanks for figuring that out Bob; I guess I will stay clear of that title. I know with the Guns of Will Sonnet, it was so badly cut, it was hard to figure out what was even going on half of the time.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Doug, if you can find a good deal for the season sets of Branded, they would still be worth buying. The extra on the Season 2 set, Branded's creator Larry Cohen talking about his career, is very entertaining and interesting. Cohen also created, The Invaders and Coronet Blue.

Some of the cuts on Branded are pretty bad. The worst was an episode where two famous (to me anyway) western badguy actors are watching Jason McCord, obviously up to no good. The scene changes and they are nowhere to be seen and don't show up later in the episode. McCord must have dispatched them in the cut scene. It's pretty lame when they edit out action scenes on an action show!

Brian:C

Stunt Coordinator
Just a quick note. Sam's Club has two great deals right now: M Squad 117 episode set 19.98!!!!! The Texan 70 Episode set 15.98 Above are new shipments, not old stock. Other deals in the new stock: Wide Country 19.98 State Trooper 2&3 15.98 Tall Man Complete series 19.98 Gene Autry Season 1 & 2 !5.98 each Overland Trail 15.98 Desty 15.98 Brian

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Riverboat fans, rejoice! The complete series is now slated for a May 22 release in a 6-DVD set containing 44 episodes. I know there'll be some bitching about packing so many episodes into so few discs when I think 10 or 11 would be more appropriate. I figure The Restless gun will be given a complete set treatment later this year.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
oldtvshowbuff said:
Riverboat fans, rejoice! The complete series is now slated for a May 22 release in a 6-DVD set containing 44 episodes. I know there'll be some bitching about packing so many episodes into so few discs when I think 10 or 11 would be more appropriate. I figure The Restless gun will be given a complete set treatment later this year.
Is it actually possible to fit that many episodes on single-sided discs? It averages out to 7.33 per disc, and 6 hours of material. Are they going to go double-sided for this one?

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Now if TIMELESS could do something about the M-SQUAD box set and the poor quality episodes.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
DeWilson said:
Now if TIMELESS could do something about the M-SQUAD box set and the poor quality episodes.
My understanding about this, is that in an effort to give us the most complete collection possible, TMG resorted to getting the best copies from collectors that they could. Unless some new prints or masters have appeared on the scene, this is probably the best we are going to get.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Richard V said:
My understanding about this, is that in an effort to give us the most complete collection possible, TMG resorted to getting the best copies from collectors that they could. Unless some new prints or masters have appeared on the scene, this is probably the best we are going to get.
I know that - Universal found a large number of prints to various B&W series recently which is why were are getting the complete sets of late - so i wonder if they found the M-SQUAD episodes they used collector copies on.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
DeWilson said:
I know that - Universal found a large number of prints to various B&W series recently which is why were are getting the complete sets of late - so i wonder if they found the M-SQUAD episodes they used collector copies on.
If they did for M-Squad, then I would be all in to purchase the new and improved M-Squad in a heartbeat.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
If there was a vintage sitcom that could be released in color, "Pistols And Petticoats" could fit the bill, a western sitcom from its only season in 1966-67 on CBS from Kayro/UTV productions, it was the saga of the Hanks family and a bumbling sheriff of Wretched, CO. Ann Sheridan, Douglas Fowley, Ruth McDevitt, Carole Wells, and Gary Vinson starred in that series, and Sheridan died of cancer before the series ended its one year run. Lets get on Timeless for release a set like that!

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Anyone get the new Cimarron City set yet? Was wondering about the quality of the prints. Are they a little sub-par like Laramie and Tall Man or are they a little better like Tales of Wells Fargo and Wagon Train?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks