1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

New theater room in need of some help!

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by BG713, Mar 6, 2013.

1. BG713

BG713 New Member

Hello all. Im new here and have read a few post and got a little confused so I decided to ask my own questions! I have a new home with a media room (17x22) and looking to hook up a nice audio system to go with the Mitsubishi HC7800D 3-D projector with a 106'' screen I got as a gift. I want to hook up a PS3, AT&T U-Verse box, 3-D Dvd player and a way to connect my ipad/ipod to the system. Information on speakers, receivers, subs, wiring the whole 9 yrs is much appreciated. Budget is around $1000-$2500....hopefully! Thanks in advance! BG

2. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    Hi Brandon, welcome to HTF! Your PS3 will handle 3D blu-ray. There is no such thing as a 3D DVD player, only 3D blu-ray. As for your sound system questions, I don't know, but I am sure that someone will be along who does.

3. BG713

BG713 New Member

Thanks Steve for the information!

4. David Willow

David Willow Babbling Idiot
    Supporter

Dave
    Just to clarify, you are looking to spend less than $2500 and all you need is the sound system? Have you listened to anything yet? Do you have any home theater stores near by?

5. BG713

BG713 New Member

I have not been to listen to anything nor hit a home theater store yet but will be in the coming weeks. Thanks Mccambely for the info, will check out the links ASAP!