What's new

New "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Show?" (1 Viewer)

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
My friend said he saw a teaser for this new show on FOX. He said it's coming in February. Anyone have any info on this? Will the animation/characters look basically the same? Has the story been altered? What day/time the show will be on, etc? I grew up with this show and the movies so I'd like to know. Thanks.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Yep they are returning to tv. hopefully its just as good as the original was and finally people can get a newer version of a old show to be as good as the original

capt

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
How about a properly done Turtles cartoon that resembles the original 15 Eastman and Laird issues (no pizza)

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
It looks pretty good from the little bits of art on that site and what I've seen before.

It'll be on Fox Saturday mornings, and in addition to the show there will be new Playmates toys, and Konami has the video game license back again and is working on some new games.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I saw the new toys in a newspaper ad the other day. They look almost the same as the old ones, except these are 12" high.

~T

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Nah, Ten times more detailed than the originals. It looks like more care and time was taken into sculpting these things, like the New He-Man toys.

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone have any pictures of the new TMNT toys?

And does anyone remember the Sega Genesis game "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and the Hyperstone Heist?"

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Do we really need another TMNT series? I mean, they screwed around with the movies and we saw where that went.

Oh yeah, they're making another movie, too.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>I mean, they screwed around with the movies and we saw where that went. >

Judging from my Interview with Peter Laird, he is more in controll and involved with this new series than he was with the old. Also, unlike the old, this one is more based on the original comic book. The only thing they seem to be drawing on from the old series is the colored masks, and that Shredder isn't dead for more than one 'issue'.

*Edit* Forgot to add, the CGI Movie by John Woo has apparently been put on hold.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Just took a look at the site and from the look of things it will be good. I like the direction they are going with it.

capt

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know, more or less, when these toys are hitting stores? I haven't collected figures in FOREVER but I may pick up one of those. Not bad at all. Loved the Turtles as a kid.

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
you can pre-order them at www.kbtoys.com
i picked up the only two i could find the other night (mike and don) and i must say they are done really well. the turtles made playmates what they are today and it doesn't look like they forgot that. coolest looking thing so far is the new turtle van..

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
Matt, where did you pick them up or was it KB Toys where you found them? And are you talking about the 5 or 12 inch figs?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks