What's new

new system set up (1 Viewer)

rpypacker

Auditioning
Real Name
russ yeager
Hello,
First shot at the forum so I may not be in the right place, please feel free to direct me to another location if necessary.
My system consists of Elite Pro 70" display (new), Anthem dv2 (new version with 3d), Anthem a-5 and a-2 amps, sony high end blu ray players, direct tv sat box dvr (About 2008 model),.
the issue is the display picture when using the sat box direct tv connection. "The audio is off slightly, but biggest issue is the picture quality, it is slow and blurred with any motion.
Elite says I may have to connect dirctly from sat box to tv, seems very wrong to me when using a high end processor. Direct Tv is no hlep at all. In fact Elite customer service had me turn off all the function on display to try to slow it down??
Could the sat box be too old for the display? Could the hdmi cable be the problem into the back of the processor, or does the processor itself need to be adjusted. The sat box indicated 1080p/24hz.
When playing blu ray disc, picture is fantastic.
Any help would really be appreciated.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
This is an ongoing Directv problem...
The cure with your display is to uncheck 1080P...
You might check in your TV and set "native" as off.
Basically, if the display can't switch to 48/72/96, it can't do native 24p.
So, when you switch "native" to off...you start pull-down(which is probably what the BD players are doing...sending 24P in pull-down the display can use, Directv doesn't have pull down)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
1080I is fine. But also make sure there isn't a native setting in your display, would help to include its actual model number.

rpypacker

Auditioning
Real Name
russ yeager
Thanks again, I will check for native setting on display. By the way, I have the same issue with the apple tv, which is also hdmi to dv2, and it is being streamed wirless from apple computer. Same type of issue?

rpypacker

Auditioning
Real Name
russ yeager
the model number of display is pro 70x5fd and the blu ray is a sony bdps5000es. I will check for native setting tonight when i get home. Do you think a newer model sat box from direct tv would help, mine is about 5 years old but is high definition dvr

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The Directv box itself shouldn't make any difference.
Somewhere in the TV menu(I've not played with a Sharp Elite) there should be 3:2 pulldown.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks