New SVS Sealed Sub (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilkka R

Second Unit
Real Name
Ilkka
Robb,

As I know that you are somewhat connected to SVS, I think you are a little bit biased.

But yes, I made a few assumptions.

I'm sure that's not the case, but manufacturers should understand that their products can be put under different kind of tests, not just under the ones they self use.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor

Under that logic, it goes for all of them. So how does that make it unfair? If anything, it's fair because they're all free to deny a free review sample to anyone they want. Also, you're still assuming SVS will only allow reviewers to use the exact same tests they do, and I doubt that's true. They may disagree with yours, but that doesn't mean they'll deny every reviewer whose methods are different from theirs. As I mentioned previously, Nousaine tests inside, and I'd wager that SVS would be more than happy to have him test their subs.

-Robb

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>Also, you're still assuming SVS will only allow reviewers to use the exact same tests they do, and I doubt that's true

Ilkka R

Second Unit
Real Name
Ilkka
Yes, I'm sure they would let Nousaine test their subs, after all, he's the one who invented the 10% THD test. But in any case, I would like to see more professional reviews with thorough measurements on SVS subs.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I'm afraid over the course of time I would have to agree with that assessment...it's a shame.

Ilkka R

Second Unit
Real Name
Ilkka
Sorry about the misunderstanding, I only ment exact as what it comes to THD testing. There are couple J. Johnson's old reviews containing some THD data, but other than those, Ed's reviews are pretty lonely.

edit: It seems though that the discussion is heading towards dead end, so we might as well wrap it up and get back to the topic.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Back to the topic: I received my shipping notice today, so anyone in the Phoenix area on October 7 is welcome to listen to it first hand. PM me if you're interested.

-Robb

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker

Exactly. Get this thread back on track to the original question/statement or don't bother posting in this thread again.

Parker

Ilkka R

Second Unit
Real Name
Ilkka
Sure thing Parker. It's funny how these threads often have the tendency to derail. :)

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Maybe you should try a fauning, ingratiating, PR-guy approach. Stroke some audio egos, throw around some nice discounts. That seems to impress people much more than any technical prowess or objective performance.

Ilkka R

Second Unit
Real Name
Ilkka
Shouldn't the subjective performance be the most important factor at the end? Though subjective and objective performance go often hand in hand.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Sure, ultimately what matters is what happens in your room, what you "like", even it's a far cry from "accurate". For the purposes of internet discussions (which is what this is)...who do you trust? Certainly you're no stranger to the liars and bias one can encounter, and certain brands bring them out of the woodwork. As I've stated for years, I'd rather have a competent set of measurements than lots of (usually anonymous) "opinions" from sources who may be clueless at best.

dave alan

Second Unit

THAT'S irony, IMO. (An opinion, it would seem, that turns out to work for you, being there is a selectable steep HP filter at 32Hz on the SB-12).

The shame here is that I posted a simple, positive post with 2 points of personal opinion that seemed to you to be negative toward your SB-12. Instead of you 2 posting information about the subwoofer's features, you linked to your web site blurb, which answers none of the questions raised here about the new sub.

Neither of you have added anything in the way of information about the sub.

Mr. Clack,

I've respected your forum to the best of my ability since the day I registered. If that's not good enough, you may do what you feel is necessary to do, but I'm finished with enduring the public insults of Ron Stimpson and Tom Vodhanel, here or anywhere else.

I apologize for any inconvenience, but I stand on my opinions no matter what.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Dave,

So sorry! I stand corrected. It was "Piece of Crap" (PC)... a bit of a misnomer in terms of abbreviations wouldn't you say though?

Let's get back to where you have honest and deep respect for SVS shall we? Or better yet, maybe the mods will simply decide "Thread Crapping" (TC) has reached new heights with all your protestation for simply being poorly understood. That's probably the crux of the biscuit here. Everyone understands what's going on here but you.

I'd say this is the tip of the iceberg with trolls such as yourself, but that'd be an insult to icebergs everywhere. It's gone on for years with you after all.

Back to "Rocket Central" instead maybe?

Ron
SVS

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor

Yeah, we're all getting pretty tired of the SVS guys taking flak for no good reason.

What I'm seeing is that SVS's goal was to build a small, affordable sub with high accuracy and output down to about 25-30Hz while your ideal seems more like a cost-and-size-no-object sub with "perfect" frequency and transient response (however you care to define that) down to virtually 1Hz. Most of us would just have recognized that these are very different goals, rather than getting offended because SVS designed the sub the way they deem best. And (heaven forbid) they're proud of their product.

Lets get straight to the point - there are extremely few sealed subs being produced that will make you happy and none of them will be priced or sized anywhere near the SVS. You've spent quite enough time complaining about this sub, so its high time you moved on to one of the other ten thousand "losers" out there.

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
I've lost count. How many other sub makers comes to these forums to answer questions? HSU is the only other i've seen and that turns into a war sometimes. But its fun to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks