What's new

New Star Trek TOS sets, TNG films and Star Trek 2009 rumoured dates (1 Viewer)

Dan Keliikoa

Stunt Coordinator

And I like how brave you are!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

j/k...Nemesis is not in my favorites list. I was hoping the 'final' TNG film would feature Q. Seems only fitting.

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
On the TOS 6 movie BD set the bonus captains summit BD contains several shots taken from the upcoming TNG BD's which is where I grabbed those 2 VFX ones from. FC shows a few brief glimpses as well and again looks like its the upcoming BD as the transfer looks pretty good & very clean. As it has already been confirmed these have had their BD transfers done I logically assume its must be from those!!!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I don't. Too many times has this practice been proven faulty.

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
Indeed. The Trek BD set proves your point, as there's a marked difference between the HD clips and the actual movie presentations of the TOS flicks. I'll bet 100 quatloos that the TNG films will be the same; beautiful grain on the clips, but undeniably DNR'd on the main movies.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
The only TNG movie I'm really concerned about as far as picture quality is Generations. The SCE DVD was too sharp and resulted in some jagged edges and shimmering. At the time, I only had a 27" TV so it wasn't that bad but now I have a 42" LCD.

TrekMovie's Anthony Pascale had this to say about the TNG Blu-Rays:
"By the way I participated in some of the special features for the TNG Blu-ray set. I, along with Larry Nemecek and Jeff Bond, did a kind of video fan discussion of each film, which will appear on each of the movie disks. In addition, I recorded the audio commentary for Star Trek First Contact along with Damon Lindelof. Both were very fun experiences and I hope you all enjoy them."

As far as other features, I hope we get the Generations trailers this time (doubtful) and maybe we'll get director commentaries for Generations (David Carson did one for Yesterday's Enterprise on the last best-of set so maybe they kept him around a couple hours) and Insurrection (I still don't know if Frakes simply didn't want to do one or he did and they dropped it for reasons unknown).

Camper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Dennis
I liked Nemesis too.

Better put up the shutters on my house now.

Also liked a lot of the cut scenes from Nemesis.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'm a fan of Nemesis as well. Was it the perfect TNG film? No. But it had one of the better space battles I had seen, it was fun to see the characters again, and it was certainly leaps and bounds better than Insurrection.

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Nemesis was not a total disaster and the deleted scenes show it was misdirected and too much behind the scenes power was given to Stewart & Spiner which IMO ruined the last 2 TNG movies as they railroaded personal story choices in a take it or leave it manner so Berman could not refuse! You could probably recut Nemesis and make it much better it could like ST5 be partially redeemed with additional time/money.

Insurrection & ST 2009 however IMO......................

Dan Keliikoa

Stunt Coordinator

Guess I'll have to pop in the Nemesis CE bonus DVD and see what you're talking about, Paul. I don't know if I ever saw the deleted scenes....

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Dan, put it this way some of them should have made the movie instead of the scenes we did get!! Its obvious when you watch them on the DVD.

Dan Keliikoa

Stunt Coordinator

Now I'm really intrigued! Thanks Paul, I'll have a look in the next day or so at those. Branching directors cut might be good then?

ATimson

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Timson
I dunno. Stuart Baird is a good editor. But I'm not sure even he could save the movie from his direction. ;)

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
Frakes' commentary for First Contact is comedy gold, GOLD I tells ya! It's a damn shame that he didn't do another one for Insurrection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks