What's new

New Star Trek DVD custom covers (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

Click here for larger image

Both sets are made for the 1" wide cases available at Genesys DTP They are stand alone sets as opposed to my earlier "Ships of the Line" and "Captains' Collection", which had spanning spine shots including all of the series.

They'll be available for free download at my place on Friday, Star Trek's 40th Anniversary.

Live long and prosper!

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Those are really nice...

I wish we could get you to do some cover art for the "Knight Rider" series...

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Ric, those are absolutely the best yet as far as your Star Trek covers. In fact, I truly believe, IMHO, that is the best work you've ever done. Those are beautiful!!!

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
I don't own the Star Trek sets, but if I did, I'd choose the "bottom" set of designs because they include the artwork of Drew Struzan (one of the best entertainment artists around). Very nice.

honestjohn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce
Awesome job Ric. I think I'm heading over to DeepDiscountDVD to buy the Season Sets just so I can use your Artwork. I'm already using your Movie Covers. Have you ever contacted Paramount to show them what their Cases should look like. Maybe you could get some extra green. Thanks Much.

MattHR

Screenwriter
Ric, you've truly outdone yourself this time...just when I thought you couldn't possibly do any better. You're an inspiration to amateurs like myself. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys

Yes, he is amazing. I had to rework them a bit to include shots of the ship. Tried to make them look like they were a part of the original design.

For the top one on season 2, I un-Sruzan-ized it by using the actual photos.
It's not changed in the above preview, but here is the before and after...

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Nice!

I really do wish I owned these on DVD.

I've visited your site a number of times, and am very impressed. This is coming from a person who designs publications for a living.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Say Rick, do you think you could do something similar for the Dark Shadows DVD sets- my only objection to the current covers is that they're not in full color!

Hey Rick, as is always the case, you have completely outdone yourself! As a longtime fan of yours (using your covers since the original single disc TOS collections), I would like to make a few comments...

I am currently using a mish-mash of sets... your Captain's Collection for the TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, and Enterprise sets, plus the Ships of the Line Volumes for the movies. Obviously this is a bit of a compromize...

I would really love a set designed to hold the movies using the same disc layout as the Ships of the Line, but without a spanning spine integrated into the TV sets... they are separate to me. I know you have cases for each individual movie, but they just don't tickle my fancy like your later designs... any chance of a separate set for just the movies? It would be nice if it was designed to match the Captain's collection, but not really neccessary...

Also, I am sure you have something up your sleeve for the animated series... I would love it if there was a standalone volume that could also sit next to the CC.

I would love to use your new TOS designs (probably the upper version because I like the yellow/blue/red color scheme so much, but that artwork is awfully tempting too) if there were matching sets for the other series. But I think for now I will still stick to my Captain's Collection, as it is just gorgeous.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Thanks again for the kind words! Y'know... now its a little painful for me to look at some of my earlier stuff!

Anyway...

That will be done. It will have to go after Voyager in the Caps Collection. For SotL, I just have to do some rearranging and it will fit in with the first movie case. I'll probably also try to make them in the above styles.

Interesting... I hadn't seen the Captain's Collection movies boxes... you're right, they don't seem to match that well...

I'm thinking just a separate set for both the movies and a single case design for the animated series would be great! Like I said, they both seem like they are sort of separate entities to me, and I don't mind them being a bit differant than the TV shows. Besides, it's not like I have the shelf space to display them all side-by-side anyway. I have them on three smaller width shelves on top of each other. But I do like nice, colorful character and/or ship art, as opposed to logos and computer display type fonts.

If you happen to redo the rest of the shows in the same style as the above two new sets I would definitely consider printing another set out... they're just fantastic!

But regardless of what you do in the future, I thank you for all your hard work, as your existing sets have really made this Trek fan happy and proud to show off his collection!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks