What's new

New Saving Private Ryan DVD Question (1 Viewer)

Chris_T

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone confirm that DTS will only be available in the version included in the Collectors Pack, which includes the 2 WWII documentaries. From what I see on Amazon, it lists the DD5.1 on the version being released by itself. Just wondering if anyone had anymore information.

Chris

Chris_T

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Douglas. I just wanted to make sure. It's nice to see we don't have to buy the Collector's Pack to get DTS. Looking very forward to May 25th.

Chris

david*mt

Second Unit

link

It says here at Amazon that the DTS is exclusive to the WW II collection. Seems strange but with Universal I wouldn't doubt it.

Chris_T

Stunt Coordinator
Could the specs have change from when they were initally annouced by sites such as DVDAnswers (ala E.T.)?

Chris

P.S. By the way Tim, the inital release appears to have been a Dreamworks release. Perhaps Dreamworks retained domestic release rights and Universal controlled international release rights.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I know there is another thread that showed, or had a link to menu screen shots that did include DTS. I thought the word was that there was going to be a separate DTS and DD 5.1 versions.

It is weird how Amazon does make it seem like you have buy the WWII collection pack. But as noted, Universal has a penchant for such things. It would seem strange that Spielberg would go for that, however.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
I can't wait to read reviews on those docs, that will make or break the double dip for me.

Bryan

Frank M

Stunt Coordinator

The european DVDs of this film are from Paramount, not from Universal. But Universal is the distributor for Dreamworks-DVDs, at least here in Europe.

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
As Ray says what I have seen is that on the Canadian version the English DTS track is replaced by a French DD one. Given this will be distributed by Alliance / Universal ? in Canada would not be suprised.
However have never seen a confirmed spec for this release.
That's why I'm holding off my order until there are some reviews up.

Bruce_S

Second Unit
I am quiet happy with my DTS version of SPR... I'll pass on this edition and future ones...

Let the double/triple dipping begin:

next up - 10th, 15th, 20th years anniversary editions.

Ken Kool

Auditioning
from dvdsoon.com:

"Dear Sir;

The announcement made by the studio only advises that the Canadian release will contain only Dolby Digital 5.1. Have a nice day!"

this totally sucks, i am cancelling my preorder :thumbsdown:

Mikko-Ville

Stunt Coordinator
What about the Canadian version of the World War II Collection? Will the SPR in that set have the DTS-track?

James_L

Agent
I emailed Atlantis Alliance in canada here

and they told me they have no idea themselves.

I hope someone gets a copy and can tell me so I can cancel my Pre-order and get a copy with DTS and NO CRAPPY french track.

Sheesh

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks