What's new

New Santana (1 Viewer)

Anthony Stephan

Stunt Coordinator
If you were a fan of the last album like I was,
This one has way better playing from Carlos. I can't believe this guy can still play like that.
Check out the track with P.O.D. He plays his ass off.
And the latin tracks are as good as the last album.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the comments. How is the sound quality? I also want to get the new The Essential Santana two-disc set.

anthony_b

Screenwriter
Keith, I've only played it in my car so as far as sound quality I really can't tell until this weekend when I play it at home.....Do you have ABRAXAS on SACD ? and if so, how does it sound ?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Anthony, thanks. I have the Abraxas SACD and am very happy with it. It is not what I would call a "reference-quality" SACD, but the recording is certainly not the best out there. Still, it is an SACD, and as such, it beats the remastered CD and MFSL gold CD. The SACD can't remove all the "rawness" of the recording, but there is more detail and "feel" on the SACD. I love "Black Magic Woman" and "Oye Como Va" on SACD. If you like Abraxas, get the SACD.

anthony_b

Screenwriter
Keith, I was playing the CD at home last and I must say it sounds very good. I just got my CD player on Thursday evening so it hasn't had any break in time yet. I would say the CD can only sound even better in time.....Also, Black Magic woman must be one of my favorite songs, so I think ABRAXAS will be one of my first SACD's...(Kind of Blue is on its way - free with purchase of my SACD player !!).

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Anthony, thanks for the comments on the Shaman CD. Definitely grab Abraxas on SACD. You might be able to find it at a Best Buy or Circuit City. Both stores got it early on, but they might still have a copy.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Hi guys. I'm playing the new CD on my 775 sacd player and it sounds great. Sounds SO much better than on my DVD player. The entire Cd is great. It's one that will be in constant play. The track with POD is awesome. My roommate and I were very impressed with Santana's playing and the combination of him and POD.

I also have the Abraxas sacd and am very impressed with it. It's my only sacd so far, just got it and the 775 last weekend, but I love the sound. Very pleasing to the ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks