What's new

New RPTV Setup ?'s (1 Viewer)

Tod Golden

Stunt Coordinator
After purchasing an RCA Scenium HD61W140 RPTV, I stumbled across this website in search of information. I must say that it is chock full of information, recommendations and opinions.

I have read posts regarding calibrating a RPTV. I was unaware that this procedure should be done. Can someone direct me to a thread regarding the so called do's and don'ts of owning a RPTV?

Calibration - When to do it and how often should it be done?

Burn in - Should I be concerned? I know it can happen if static images are displayed to long. Can it happen any other way?

Reviews - Does anyone have this particular brand and how do they like it?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Go to the Home Theater Basics Area and look at the FAQ or Primer area it is real informative. It will teach you a lot. There are people here that can answer any question you ask. Welcome to the best HT site on the net.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
I second the FAQ, it has all the information on calibration. Also, at the top of the "Display Devices" forum (this one) is a sticky thread with more than anyone would need to know about burnin.

I own a Toshiba 56H80 and aside from the loose socket that was (expertly) fixed under warranty I've had not problems for 2 years. I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks