What's new

New Rocky DVD Anthology? See POST #191 on UPDATE for those who did not receive bonus disc (1 Viewer)

BrandonJF

Second Unit
Eh... this must be like the Best Buy bonus discs where only the sets with the stickers have the bonus disc. How lame. I'll have to go see if I can find one with a sticker and take this one back.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
There wasn't a single sticker on any of the boxes at my best Buy for the bonus disc. Oh well.

Pat_TL

Stunt Coordinator
"I'm glad to hear this. Twice in the last month I've had the current set in my hands at Best Buy and put it back."
"I hear you. I was at BB just this Tuesday and had the set in my hands. Glad I didn't purchase it."

Im with you guys, too....too many times I almost bought this box set, because I have all the films on recorded VHS tapes, but always put it down...now I heard this news about this new set and I am glad I waited. I dont care much about the Stallone yak track, so I'll pick this up when it comes out.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Finally watched Rocky II this weekend too. Pretty grainy and no punch like Rocky did. No pun intended. Still holding out for next format for this particular title.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
If anybody with the Best Buy set that was NOT marked with the bonus disc sticker has opened the packaging please report if the bonus disc is actually included.

I went to two Best Buys and not 1 of 40 boxes had a sticker that said bonus disc. One of the employees insisted it was in the box.

Please let us know so we can order from someone that does have the bonus disc if the others at Best Buy do not.

BrandonJF

Second Unit
I went to two as well and none had any kind of sticker on it mentioning a bonus disc. Not sure what to do. The Best Buy ad actually makes a point of mentioning the bonus disc. I wonder how open they would be to a return if the bonus disc ends up not being in here after I open it.

Jay - where did you get the one that indicated a bonus disc was included?

BrandonJF

Second Unit
I took the bullet and opened it. No bonus disc in the set I bought at Best Buy. Don't open it if there's no sticker.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Thanks. I just purchased another copy through BestBuy.com and and printed out the original info prior to purchase. Last time they screwed me out of the Friday 13th Bonus, this time I have the info saved in case they try to pull it again.

I would return the opened set and tell them exactly why. They have the ads available in the store and they clearly state a Bonus disc is included without any restrictions noted at all as in prior circumstances.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Bought at Best Buy tonight. No bonus sticker-no bonus disc.

Also, I wonder why I and II are WS only, but III, IV and V are WS/P&S flippers.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Bought the anthology yesterday. Nice package but...NO EXTRA DISC.

There are no extras of any kind.

Specs:
Rocky = DTS/DD5.1, enhanced 16x9 (1.85:1)
Rocky II = DD5.1, ehanced 16x9 (1.85:1)
Rocky III = DD5.1, ehanced 16x9 (1.85:1)/full screen
Rocky IV = DD5.1, ehanced 16x9 (1.85:1)/full screen
Rocky V = DD5.1, ehanced 16x9 (1.85:1)/full screen

All have French and Spanish mono soundtracks plus English, French and Spanish subtitles.

I haven't watched any of them yet. Will advise.

ZackR

Supporting Actor
Bought the set at FYE (which I rarely do due to their high prices, but it was only 41.99) and it had a big sticker advertising the bonus disc. So, they are out there, but FYE was the ONLY place in town I found a set with the extra disc and I checked 2 Wal-Mart SuperCenters, Best Buy, Sam Goody, Suncoast, Circuit City and Sam's Club. The Rocky films have been favs of mine since I was quite young, so I wanted the extra disc pretty bad. :)

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Brett,

I don't recall Rocky II having P&S listed. Is yours a flipper? Mine was not a flipper. Hopefully they didn't jam both versions on one side.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Here is why I'm a moron. Walk to HMV yestersay, see the set for 35 Canadian, think to myself, 35 bucks for the new Rocky Set... you know it.

Walk out, open it up and remember..... f me... MGM went Fringlish. And now I'm stuck with Rocky 1-5 (version francies incluse). F me.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck

Not even trailers? Good grief; that's ridiculous. I have the boxed set with the corrected fourth film, so I think that will do for now. I'd love to have a new transfer on #2, but it's not worth buying a whole new box.

Thanks for all the info, everyone.

Blkout

Agent
All of the movies look better than previous releases, the second movie looks REALLY improved. As for extra's, there is a 6th disc tucked inside the box in a sleeve. Its the A&E special. Overall, I'm glad I bought the new set, its been worth it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
What's the deal on this Rocky Anthology?

I didn't get a bonus disc in my set despite the
fact that it was advertised on-line as having one.

Was this bonus disc exclusive to only a few stores
or a few copies?

It's a little upsetting that I replaced my
original copies with this new Anthology and I seem
to be getting LESS as far as supplements.

What was MGM thinking on this one?

BrandonJF

Second Unit
I e-mailed MGM inquiring about them sending me a bonus disc since they advertised it in almost all of their print ads and got this response:

Dear Customer,

We have been made aware of the fact that the ROCKY ANTHOLOGY Bonus Disc is not available from all retailers. It is understandable that has upset many of our customers and fans of the Rocky movies. We are looking into the situation and will have a response for you shortly.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

MGM Home Entertainment
Customer Service Department

SteveCallas

Second Unit
Is the transfer for part IV the same as the quietly re-released version that had an anamorphic transfer? Or did they go ahead and give it a third transfer (which I doubt)?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks