1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

New remastered "Synchronicity" sonics better than the Mobile Fidelity version?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ron Reda, May 22, 2003.

1. Ron Reda

Ron Reda Well-Known Member

While at Media Play the other day, I noticed that there's a newly remastered version of The Police's "Synchronicity." I really like this CD, but have always felt that the sonics/ecording was somewhat muddy (on previous versions). The best I've heard it sound is on the Mobile Fidelity release, so I was wondering if anybody would be able to compare the sonics on new one to the MoFi version.

2. Anthony Monaco

Anthony Monaco Active Member

IMO compared to the MoFi, the top end sounded distorted & muddy on the SACD while the rest the sonics sound somewhat more natural. Both the Synchronicity & Ghost In The Machine SACD's has a digital feel for it (IMO). It does sound better (clearer/cleaner in multi mix - EBYT). If I had to choose, I would take the MoFi. If I had to choose between the Mofi of Synchronicity & the SACD of EBYT (for the sonics) I would take the greatest hits package.
    Hope this helps.

3. Ron Reda

Ron Reda Well-Known Member

Anthony,

Cool...thanks for the opinion!

4. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Well-Known Member

I compared the SACD layer to the MFSL (previously the best version BY FAR), and I think the new version totally blows away the MFSL (I didn't check out the CD layer--I have the UK dual-layer version). This is the first version where I don't skip Mother, because even THAT sounds so damned good.[​IMG]