What's new

new reciever problem? (1 Viewer)

Jay W.

Stunt Coordinator
I bought a new reciever earlier this week. When I was unpacking it i noticed there was a small piece of styrofoam
stuck under one of the sink holes. I tried to get it out but it fell into the reciever. Could this cause any damage like a fire? I've used for a couple of days with no problem but am wondering if I should return it or not.

Arup

Stunt Coordinator
Just for safety's sake and sanity I would take it back to the manufacturer and have the styrofoam piece taken out.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
What kind of receiver? That's some pretty shoddy packaging if a piece of styrofoam fell inside it. And, yes, I'd exchange the unit. You paid for a non-contaminated receiver.

Jay W.

Stunt Coordinator
It is a yamaha HTR 5660 a fairly new reciever. I got it at best buy. Hope they dont give me a hard time about it as they have started charging restocking fees.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
pretty shoddy packaging if a piece of styrofoam fell inside it.
Just a thought ... Yamaha's AV Receivers come wrapped with a thick plastic taped cover, then inserted into the Styrofoam ends to secure it in the box. My U.S. made RX-V1300 arrived that way! My previous R-V905/RX-V595 and RX-V995 were packaged similarly.

It's possible that this unit was a re-packaged one since it's generally impossible for Styrofoam to break off into little pieces and fall into the cabinet air vents.

But then again, depending on the packaging processes for the HTR AV Receivers, ... my assumptions could be wrong!!! :confused:

If Best Buy gives you a hard time, have their technicians use compressed air to blow that little sucker out! It's only light as air Styrofoam.

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks