What's new

New receiver for home theater setup. (1 Viewer)

Jammers

Agent
Real Name
Gary
I'm looking to replace my HTIB with something a little better. What would be a good receiver to start out with? I'm also getting a blu-ray player and will have a cable box and maybe even a old VCR to hook up to it.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Jammers said:
I'm looking to replace my HTIB with something a little better. What would be a good receiver to start out with? I'm also getting a blu-ray player and will have a cable box and maybe even a old VCR to hook up to it.
What is your budget for the receiver. ?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
As always we're going to need some kind of budget. As we've already mentioned in some of your other threads, simple refurbished 5.1 receivers start at $119 +sh and end around $6000-$7000 for those with way too much disposable income. Something like a refurbished Onkyo 509, Denon 1612 or a Yamaha 473/Pioneer 822 on sale somewhere might be all you really need.

Also, up-converting receivers, like Onkyo 608/609/616, Pioneer 1022, Yamaha 673 and Denon 1913 will wind up costing you a $100-$200 more then a basic receiver. So unless you watch a lot of old vhs tapes I'd recommend hooking the vcr straight to the display for video. The money can be better spent elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks