What's new

New Porcupine Tree album discussion (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
So today is release date. . .and NOBODY seems to have the 2-disc CD/DVD edition available. :angry:

Anyone been able to find it?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
OK, I take that back. . .Amazon has two listings for it -- one says "unavailable," and the other says "ships in 4-6 weeks." Ugh.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I pre-ordered the LE on Amazon and then saw the 4-6 week wait. I found it at Newbury Comics on the way home tonight and cancelled my Amazon order. I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet but I'm looking forward to it.

This is killing me...

I called the local BB this week to ask if they were going to receive any copies of the new PT CD. After I repeated the name several times, I was told that they were not, so I ordered it from Amazon. It shipped yesterday, but I went to the store today because...it's Tuesday and, lo and behold, there were two copies on the shelf. I wish people there knew what a "New Release" schedule was. Hopefully, it arrives soon. I want my CD.

In the meantime, I'll listen to Blackfield II.

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
I ordered the cd from Amazon. The dvd-audio will be released in September (supposedly), so I'll wait for that if I like the cd. So far from the clips I've heard, I'm not nearly excited for this release like I was the last two.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
So the Limited Edition includes a regular DVD, and the DVD-A isn't out for a few months? I thought the LE had the DVD-A in it.

Anyone spot the LE at any of the electronics chains?

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
The limited edition is a dvd-video disc with a high resolution stereo track in the video area of the disc (I believe it will be 24/96). I think it also has a dts or dolby digital 5.1 mix, but is not a dvd-audio disc. It comes in a special box with a book and the cd version inside. The dvd-audio edition is scheduled for September from what I've heard. If you look at the band's online store, they did the same thing with "Deadwing". I waited and bought the dvd-audio when it came out. If you don't have a dvd-audio player, then I would go with the limited edition dvd-video, if you can find it.

Here is what the band's online store says about the "Deadwing" special edition

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I got my Ltd. Ed. from Amazon, but I ordered in on March 24th. I remember it showing as unavailble not too long after that.

On another note, I bought the regular edition before my LE showed up, and I found the level to be quite a bit lower than that of Deadwing or In Absentia. Anyone else notice this?

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member

I'm having a hard time isolating the vocals in the FoaBP mix but that may be me and not the CD. I had a similar problem with the last Tool album. The vocals didn't stand out enough for my taste.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

The place I ordered from cut off preorders for it last week, so it is definitely a limited edition. Just got my regular edition today, so I still need to listen to it.

Jason

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Sounds like there isn't anything too exciting in the LE that won't be included on the DVD-A, so I'll just wait for that I guess.

Thanks for the info!

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
Having spun this a couple of times, it doesn't seem to be the standout album that the last two were. I liked those pretty quickly, maybe this will grow on me.

I noticed that the vocals are a bit buried. Maybe Steven wanted it that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks