What's new

new plasma phosphor trails? (1 Viewer)

craig_curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Craig
I bought a new Panny 55GT30 (well, the Best Buy GT31 "kit" - it came with 2 pairs of shutter glasses, Avatar 3D, and a Skype web video camera) and so far, so good - at least for me. Unfortunately, my wife sees the "phosphor trails" or something in most of the tv material we've watched. I don't see it. I'm HOPING that after an appropriate burn in time, the issue will go away, but I'm not confident that it will happen. Has anyone experienced this? The way it is, I'm going to have to return the TV for an LCD to make the wife happy (and not nauseated)... And if THAT's the case? any recommendations for something in a similar price range and same size? thx c

elwaylite

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Some folks can see it, some folks cant as much, just like DLP rainbows. I could see rainbows, and it was definitely annoying at times. Not sure that it'll get better, and hard to find a good LCD in plasma size/dollar. Might try a Samsung D7000 and see if she is bothered by it. Maybe watch in store?

craig_curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Craig
problem is that she DID watch it in store, but didn't notice it (she doesn't see it watching in 3D which is the only way they display material). We're trying to burn in the tv now, so hopefully that will fix it. Otherwise I'll just have to get something else (which is too bad because I like the picture quality as it is!)

Users who are viewing this thread