What's new

New Pioneer Receivers? (1 Viewer)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
sorry to go off subject here but woah i just fuixed mt 810s ... not its own problems are the lack of remote and the little door on the front is broken.. hsould i keep it and just spend 2k on speakers or should i buy the 912k and spend whats left on speakers?
thats not off the subject, you started the thread, i think we may have been off subject a little. anyway, what can you get the 912 for? i see the list price is 475. seems to be on ebay from $300 to $325. but like the guys said, you most likely dont get a factory warranty with it. even at $400 i would consider this an excellent value. the mcacc calibration is worth upgrading for alone. it appears that a couple 810s have sold for $180-220 on ebay recently. you may not get top dollar because of the broken door, but if you could get the 912 and only pay a couple hundred bucks, i would jump all over it. i'm not too knowledgeable about speakers just yet, i'm sure some of the other guys can help out with that.

CJ

Myo K

Stunt Coordinator
there are authorized internet dealers.

www.onecall.com does have the 912k in stock, i knwo this because i was also interested in purchasing this receiver,
it sells for 399 there, about 75 dollars below suggested retail price. and they are authorized, i made sure and onecall is listed as online pioneer dealer.

i have yet to find any store to carry this receiver :frowning: i used to have a kenwood 6070 but it was defective so i returned it, im still waiting for my refund check from BB, anyone else know if Best Buy will carry this receiver on the sales floor?

NicholasL

Second Unit
Onecall is authorized to deal pioneer products. But not elite receivers. Besides, their prices are the same as if going to a store I believe?

Lyden

Stunt Coordinator
i keep checking on the BB website but no luck im going into BB today so i'll let you know if i see it in store i know they have stuff in store that isnt allways on the site but thats usualy in that store only so the only way to know for sur eis to go in i guess ... CC was clearing their 811 stock so im sure they will get it in soon

Robert Fellows

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Pioneer Elite receiver that I bought via mail order.

When it needed servicing, I made a copy of the receipt and took it to a local Pioneer authorized service shop.

They fixed it in 2 days with no questions about whether it was an authorized purchase or not.

Myo K

Stunt Coordinator
nicholas, the 912k is the high end non-elite model, and its 399, which is lower then suggested retail price, the thing is th 912k is not available in any pioneer authorized store/shop but its available online through an internet dealer onecall, go figure :/

Lyden

Stunt Coordinator
if i must i will order it online that reciver is just i mist have it !!!!!!! i just hope it has alittle more oomph then my 810 ... it does have 110 watts per chanel they say .. wich isnt to shabby but we all know thats about what 90 or so actual watts? .. i was thinking about getting an HK 125 AVR but the 45 watt out put doesnt please me i like my music loud at times so im pretty sure regardless of how clean the pwoer is it will still distort at high levels .. what i really hate is the muffled sound the bass gets and the annoying staticy sound from the highs ..or that could be my towers but i believe ist reciver at its limits

Brae

Supporting Actor
Why would one need to find a five-channel amp to mate with the 811 or even the 912.

Also, I spent a good amount of time on Saturday using my 45TX driving 4-ohm M&K THX-certified speakers in true 7.1 configuration. The receiver drove them hard and clean. I had to leave the room as the volume climbed because the unit didn't distort nor shutdown.

$799 sounds like a killer deal for the 45TX. I may just need to buy another one and make a seconf HT! :D

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Adding a five channel amp to my 811 will give me more depth/clarity and I want to get into seperates. For me it sounded better than the 45tx....another thing almost all receivers don't produce 100w*? when all channels are driven.

Users who are viewing this thread