What's new

New Panny DVD player with Faroudja DCDi & HDMI - MSRP $299.95 (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Carlo, have to updated your RP-91 to the latest firmware revision (259)? This seemed to improve performance on video-based material on my RP-91. I had previously been using firmware version 250.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Guys, look towards the Sony players. I'm fairly certain the DVP-CX985V has Faroudja even though it's not listed. It passed all the tests.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the 411 Scott. I'm actually downloading the 259 firmware right now - will try to update it tonight.

BobJ

Stunt Coordinator

FWIW, the press release doesn't say that the S97 will not have Faroudja, they just dropped the name Faroudja off the press release. Historically Panasonic has never advertised the Faroudja chip being in any of their players (even when they were).

I think a wait and see approach may be best here.

Chester II

Stunt Coordinator
Dudes,

Dave Mack has a nice smile; very warm flesh tones and the winter gloves really set a friendly mood. Now Scott L has a somewhat aggressive stance suggesting a lot of emotion. Interesting, sure, but I think he needs a little toning in the mid section.

Dudes,

Chester II

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks