What's new

new or refurbished (1 Viewer)

ChuckM

Stunt Coordinator
I've decided to get a onkyo HT-S650. Now my only problem is deciding to get a refurbished one with 2 year warranty for $380 or getting a new one with a one year limited warranty for $500-$560. Is the fefurbished a better deal or is there usally a lot of defects with refurbished items. I would be greatful for any advice you guys can give.
TIA!!

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
At those prices I would go refurbished. Even in the unlikely event that the refurb dies a prematurely the $180 you saved will go a long way toward replacing it.

Jeremy Tebo

Stunt Coordinator
Refurb should be fine. I bought the speakers from that set refurbed from Onkyo, and they sound great for the $.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
that's a pretty significant price difference. i'd probably do the refurb too. if the price was closer, then i'd be more hard-pressed to make the choice.

the idea with refurbs is that they're actually a better decision since the unit went back, was "individually" checked out (versus random QA sampling) then packaged back up and sold for a discount.

i think the refurb will work out well for you. just think what dvd's you could buy with the money you'll save. ;)

RickMo

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Ted (pretty hot in Sacto, huh? I'm up in Truckee). I've had very good luck with refurbs in general, from cordless phones to scanners. As a matter of fact, I sometimes search for the refurbs first.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks