What's new

New NIN news (1 Viewer)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D

Hopefully they will do it like Elton John's Yellow Brick Road and package the DVD-A with a bonus disk. save me some damn money.

Kris Deering

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris Deering
It looks pretty clear that these two releases will have different supplements. Me being a Nine Inch Nails fanatic, I will be buying both. Gotta show support for the formats and my undying devotion to all things NIN.

I hope this is a sign of things to come for Dual Disc. If Universal showed day and date support for Dual Disc with their SA-CD catalog, things would be shaping up nicely. I hope to see more mainstream titles, especially day and date releases. I am all for classic rock, but I don't think that will garnish the widespread acceptance that the studios are looking for. With big upcoming releases like Eminem's new albulm coming out soon, there are some good oppurtunities to get this format out there and create customer awarness. Can you imagine how many people would become aware of a format like this if a title like Eminem's new CD came out ONLY in DualDisc???

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
It seems as if this album is getting a hybrid SACD release, AND a dualdisc DVD-Audio release:

nin.com

my bad, someone already posted this...

dan fritzen

Second Unit
Sweet, Dualdisc Downward Spiral DVD, can play Dobly Digital and Stereo from a standard DVD player, yeah I don't have to hook up 5.1 cables!

Kris Deering

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris Deering
The Dual Disc release will have both high resolution stereo and surround sound mixes plus Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks. So any DVD player will give you access to multi-channel options.

dan fritzen

Second Unit

Correct, but I am no longer single and do not want to attempt DVD-A or SACD until a digital single connection solution is available.

I am okay with the lower resoultion. Of course that could all change once I actually hear these higher fidelity formats.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D

I know what you mean, I got sucked in after hearing a demo of Pink Floyd's "Money". Funny thing is I already had a DVD-A player, I just never used it, so I bought some cables and hooked it up analog style and got some dvd-a's from the holiday season, and the rest is history. I still dont have a SACD player, but I heard a rumor that DSOTM was origianlly mixed for DVD-A and may someday come out on that format. Here's hoping.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
isn't there a pioneer elite that has firewire that works for the one cord connection?

Kris Deering

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris Deering
There are currently players from Pioneer, Denon, Meridian, Integra, Onkyo, and one that will be available shortly from Yamaha that will pass both DVD-A and SA-CD in their high resolution forms via a digital connection. The Meridian only does DVD-A though. All of these players with the exception of the Meridian use I-Link. Sony also has an I-Link player that will pass SA-CD. Currently there are receivers from Sony, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo and Integra that will accept this input. Denon will also have one shortly. Integra has a pre-pro on the way and Anthem will be offering a firewire upgrade to all of its SSPs at the end of the year.

There are also player and receiver options that will be on the market in the next month or so that will allow for full DVD-A support in the digital domain via HDMI.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
amazing, even with my knowledge of this new niche technology of hi-rez multi-channel, I feel as though Im being left behind in a technological mind-fuck. Sometimes I feel as though I should give up on technology and rub sticks together for fire. :D

Kris Deering

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris Deering
I can't imagine any of the Halo's not sounding phenominal in multi-channel. Nine Inch Nails is just one of those groups that just lends itself perfectly to the format. I wish there was a way to get the song "Burn" in multi-channel. Still my favorite NIN track and I think it could sound amazing in MC.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Here is the news from www.avrev.com

"On November 23, Nine Inch Nails will release The Downward Spiral Deluxe on CD/SACD and a DualDisc DVD-Audio of The Downward Spiral. The Downward Spiral Deluxe is a two-disc set with a hybrid CD/SACD of The Downward Spiral and a bonus disc with remixes, b-sides, demos, non-album tracks and previously unreleased material. The hybrid CD/SACD has the original album in three formats: stereo, high-resolution stereo and high-resolution 5.1 digital surround sound. Nine Inch Nails fans should note that the hybrid CD/SACD will play on conventional CD players, but will take a SACD player to access the high resolution mixes.

Along with the release of The Downward Spiral Deluxe Edition, Nine Inch Nails is releasing a DualDisc DVD-Audio version of The Downward Spiral. The DualDisc has one side of the album digitally remixed and remastered in stereo and 5.1 sound. The other side has an image gallery, discography, and three videos – Closer (in surround sound), March of the Pigs, and Hurt.

The track list of The Downward Spiral Deluxe Edition:

Disc One

1. Mr. Self Destruct
2. Piggy
3. Heresy
4. March of the Pigs
5. Closer
6. Ruiner
7. The Becoming
8. I Do Not Want This
9. Big Man With a Gun
10. A Warm Place
11. Eraser
12. Reptile
13. The Downward Spiral
14. Hurt

Disc Two

1. Burn
2. Closer (Precursor)
3. Piggy (Nothing Can Stop Me Now)
4. A Violet Fluid
5. Dead Souls
6. Hurt (Quiet)
7. Closer to God
8. All The Pigs, All Lined Up
9. Memorabilia
10. The Downward Spiral (The Bottom)
11. Ruiner (Demo)
12. Liar (Reptile Demo)
13. Heresy (Demo)

Source: NIN.com

AricB

Second Unit
Unfortunately doesnt sound like disc 2 will be in surround? as they refer to THE hybrid sacd, as in just 1? bummer

Nick V

Second Unit
What's the 2 channel sound quality like on the SACD version? Anyone compare it to the CD? I already own it on cd, so I won't be purchasing this SACD unless the SQ has increased significantly over the CD version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks