What's new

New NIN news (1 Viewer)

AricB

Second Unit
I wouldn't hold my breath for the Fragile. TDS and the new album seem to have been in the works for years.... With any luck maybe the new album will be done in hirez when its released or soon after??

AricB

Second Unit
since its a UMG release, I would expect the dvd-a to follow a few months later, ala Tommy and GBYBR.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Quote:
"since its a UMG release, I would expect the dvd-a to follow a few months later, ala Tommy and GBYBR."

Maybe thats why there isnt an official anouncement reguarding the format to be used.

I hope so Aric, but that still means I have to wait to purchase TDS as opposed to buying a universal player for the SACD.

AricB

Second Unit
I believe its officially listed at UMG's SACD site, so I think its a safe bet it will be sacd first, personally I'll by both eventually, unless the sound suffers on one or the other?

I suppose so, but I bet it would be worth it(buying a universal). If Trent is excited about how it sounds in the format, I bet it sounds pretty frickin good. Then again, NIN stuff is often delayed for so long, by the time it comes out, maybe it will come out on both at the same time.....nah, doubt it. I'm hoping Closure on DVD hits the same day as TDS.

dan fritzen

Second Unit
Hey everyone check out this "objective" review of the Halo's trent has done on

Amazon.com

I reported this, that is fine if he want to critique trent but don't call yourself objective at the same time.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I dont know, that guy doing the review knew most of his shit though. I think hes just pissed off cause he cant not go spend money on NIN. He buys every release. I agree with him on the Fragile though.

AricB

Second Unit
Does kind of know his stuff, but lots of mispellings. Not really objective, but a mildly entertaining read.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
speaking of NIN. I did a search of easter eggs to be found on the "And All That Could Have Been" DVD. Very exitedly I found some. all this time and I never knew any were there. I suggest everyone go check it out if you dont already know about them.

AricB

Second Unit
I think that is why it had to be split onto 2 discs, i would have rather had the show on 1 disc. oh well.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
so is the dvd version only 1 disk? if you want the extra 2nd disc you have to get the sacd?

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
AricB and Jean D,

Please post your impressions when you get them. Be sure to compare and contrast the DVD-A vs. SACD recordings, and detail which you feel is better. That way I can buy only one format.

Thanks! :D

Martin.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks