What's new

New Monster Legacy Sets (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Has anyone heard whether the newest additions with the creature,Invisible man, and Mummy feature a box set with Sideshow busts ala the first. They look great in my HT and I'd like to add the others.

John Milton

Second Unit
I'm wondering the same thing. If the 2nd Monster Legacy box has the busts it's a must buy for me.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Didn't the first set include a bust of the Invisible Man as a teaser for the second set? ;)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Just as a recap:

The Mummy Legacy Collection - The Mummy (1932), The Mummy's Hand (1940), The Mummy's Tomb (1942), The Mummy's Ghost (1944) and The Mummy's Curse (1944)

The Creature Legacy Collection - The Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954), Revenge of the Creature (1955) and The Creature Walks Among Us (1956)

The Invisible Man Legacy Collection - The Invisible Man (1933), The Invisible Man Returns (1940), The Invisible Woman (1940), The Invisible Agent (1942) and The Invisible Man's Revenge (1944)

Anticipated extras from the earlier Universal releases:

The Mummy - Audio commentary with David Jensen, "Mummy Dearest" documentary by David Skal, trailer, gallery

The Invisible Man - Audio commentary with Rudy Behlmer, "Now You See Him, Now You Don't" documentary, gallery

Creature from the Black Lagoon - Audio commentary with Tom Weaver, "Back to the Black Lagoon" documentary, trailer, gallery

--I bought myself the Frankenstein set and, having never owned the earlier releases, I pretty much love it. I was unable to find the three-in-one set, but I'll be getting Dracula and The Wolf Man real soon.

Can't wait to see Stephen Sommers doing a featurette on The Invisible Man: "Err, ummmmm. Yeah, he wasn't in Van Helsing." ;)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah my Brother In Law was down last Weekend and he took my Figure of the Claude Rains Invisible Man off the Stand and said "Now that's right"

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor
Jim Clatterbaugh, Editor/Publisher of "Monsters from the Vault" magazine, is reporting that Tom Weaver is off to CA to record new commentaries for Revenge of the Creature and Creature Walks Among Us.

Furthermore, Weaver will be accompanied by monster expert/collector Bob Burns and leading lady Lori Nelson on Revenge, and Burns and co-star Gregg Palmer on Walks Among Us.

Cool news for Creach' and Classic Monster fans everywhere!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the update, Jim.

Those extra goodies certainly add some value to what might have been the 'skimpiest' of the six sets. (It being just a trilogy and all...)

Todd_Brown

Second Unit
I will buy the Creature set and the Invisible Man set for the movies not released the first time around. I managed to get all the Mummy pics, and the Wolfman pics. I bought the Dracula set for House of Dracula, and the Frankenstein set for the better version of Bride.

John Milton

Second Unit

So I take it by all this offtopic chitchat, that no one knows the answer to the original question? :frowning:

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member

That is great news! Weaver and Burns are two of the most genuinely nice guys around, and they have both forgotten more about these movies than most folks remember. I'm looking forward to these sets.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Right on! I'm a big fan of the ol' Gill Man, so added features make a must-have item even more desirable.

The only MIA title left from the original releases is PHANTOM OF THE OPERA... I wonder if we'll see it resurface in the next wave...? I kinda suspect that future classic horror offerings from Universal will be single-movie releases, so PHANTOM would logically pop up there.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
This is great news about the commentaries. Unfortunately, when Tom Weaver was asked if commentaries were in the works for the other Legacy Collections, he said "no".

We must be thankful for what we get, but I feel an opportunity has been lost when you consider that the same arrangement could have been made for Elena Verdugo (HOUSE OF FRANKENSTEIN), Jane Adams (HOUSE OF DRACULA), Gloria Stuart (THE INVISIBLE MAN), Turhan Bey (THE MUMMY'S TOMB) and Peggy Moran, before she died (THE MUMMY'S HAND).

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor

I would be surprised if Universal didn't offer another box set, complete with busts. But no, I don't believe there is any official word one way or the other.

Bill McCamy

Second Unit
Real Name
Gasim de Paris
Any reason to keep the original "Creature from the Black Lagoon" release? It seems that all of its features are included in this new release.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
This is Universal we're talking about. I wouldn't assume anything is carved in stone, included or excluded, until someone actually has it in hand and can confirm the specs.

Until then, hold on to your old disc.

ElAhrai

Stunt Coordinator
I'm keeping the original disc too, but that's because I was lucky enough to get Ben Chapman and Julie Adams to autograph it.

:)

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor

I heard recently that Gregg Palmer has had to bow out of this, due to some sort of union regulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks