What's new

New laptop (1 Viewer)

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I just purchased a new Toshiba laptop (A135-S4827). I was told that to speed it up I need to get rid of the advertising that is built into it. How do I do that?

Stacey

Stunt Coordinator
Also check the Add/Remove Programs (Start > Settings > Control Panel) ,sometimes the advertising stuff is a program that can be uninstalled.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I just got the VERY same laptop for my birthday!!! NICE machine...

I did the de-crapifier and now will run the others. Hoping to find an XP disc set for sale so I can unload vista.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I find it clumsy actually and makes changes to things that were fine as they were in XP. I especially hate windows mail in the OS.

Kamokazi

Grip
Real Name
Adam
Windows mail does suck, grab Outlook or a third party program. However, I generally like Vista, it does take some time to get used to. I'd force yourself to use it for a month or so, and try to look for the GOOD points, don't focus on what you dislike, or you will still dislike it at the end of the month.

With that said, there are still several compatibility issues. If you game a lot, going to XP may be a good idea because of performance issues(but since it's a laptop, probably wouldn't make much difference anyway).

Avoid 64-bit Vista though, has even MORE compatibility issues and also stability issues. I am assuming stability is driver related, but just avoid it for now.

There is plenty of customization if you poke around, so the changes that you think are inferior to XP may be reversable. If anything in particular annoys you, just mention it and I'll let you know if there is a workaround.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Thanks for responding, and my apologies if my comments hijacked the thread.

My son, Morgan, asked me to try it for a while..so I will. As for Outlook Express...I tried moving it from my Vaio, but vista stops that. Where can I get outlook?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks