What's new

New HT Construction (2 Viewers)

Scott A. Pope

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks buddy.

I love the Kodak so far, but I still have a lot to learn about all the manual mode adjustments. That is exactly why I bought it though, my Gateway was lacking in the manual settings department.

SteveFred

Stunt Coordinator
Scott, you did an awesome job with the entire project. I hope to have mine near your standards :)

Just wondering how much you spent on the entire HT room. everything included for the HT room minus the garage/other room.

I am doing my 2000sq ft walkout basement myself, including a 3rd bath and I will be spending 18,000 on equipment and about 14,000 for building the basement out(360sq ft HT room, 170sq ft craftroom, 100sq ft 3rd bath, 200sq ft storage room and about 1000 sq ft of open room for a pool table/bar/everything else)

Steve

Scott A. Pope

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Steve... uh, I mean Fred... I mean... oh, nevermind.

I suppose one day I will sit down and break out all the expenditures for the HT and MR portions of the project (rest of house still under way). The total has to fall between 40k and 50k I would imagine, a drop in the bucket to the grand total.

I am sitting here listening to Big Audio Dynamite. I forgot how great some of their recordings are... classic stuff from the 80's/90's. The Sunfire Party mode sounds really good with these discs.

Scott A. Pope

Stunt Coordinator
My pleasure Parker.

Got my HD signal working today and all I can say is... WOW! The Olympics are freakin awesome and I have been watching the Yankees/Jays game too... incredible. Even the wife was impressed (that's huge).

I'm a happy camper. :D

shaniceMW

Stunt Coordinator
Do you have a webpage with all of your components and a history of your ht construction? I am looking to build a ht for my husband as a surprise gift. I am trying to have everything done before the rest of the basement is finished.

Scott A. Pope

Stunt Coordinator
Man, I miss the Olympics already with all that beautiful HD :frowning: . How much longer 'til the Winter Olypics, two years? Bummer.

JayPo

Stunt Coordinator
Man, that LCD is a sweet addition.

Hey, what was that Blue Man Group media that you were playing??? Didn't know that they sold their live performances.

Cory

Auditioning
I don't post here much, I just read, learn and plan for the future as I slowly build my own HT. I do have to post on this one though... Let me just say that your HT is an inspiration to myself (and others I'm sure) as to what is possible and what a "real" HT really is!

Many, many, many, kudos to you and those who helped you build such a magnificant HT.

-Cory :emoji_thumbsup:

Scott A. Pope

Stunt Coordinator
JayPo... I have really enjoyed the LCD addition, turned out to be a great move (even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then!). I can watch any format on the LCD while at my PC without firing up the projector. Also, it makes a perfect que screen for DVD-A discs, etc. I also like being able to monitor the HT content from the Media Room.

The Blue Man Group DVD is "The Complex Rock Tour - LIVE" and it is widely available. As far as I am concerned it is an essential purchase DVD.

Cory... Thanks! I don't know what to say in response to your kind words. I had a blast designing the HT and Media Rooms. I think there was as much luck as skill involved that it all turned out so well... but I can live with that! I'll pass your comments on to my builder and HT guys, they will appreciate your words (as do I).

Scott

Scott A. Pope

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all. It's been a while since I have surfaced and I see that my picture links are no longer functioning. I have consolidated my site that is home to the pics whicj is why the links are now dead but there are still lots of pics on my home page.

I apologize for any confusion I caused by moving the pics around.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Foster_G

Agent
Scott,
Good to hear from you again. How's your theater going now that you've had it for a year? Anything new?

Scott A. Pope

Stunt Coordinator
I still love the HT, just wish I had more time to hang out in there!

Not much change in the actual theater, if any. I have added a few components to the rack though. I now Sony RDR-HX900 DVD-R/160GB Hard Drive and a new Scientific Atlanta 8300HD Hi-Def box with 200GB Hard Drive. This makes recording and burning much easier to say the least.

I had to buy a new desktop as my last one barfed. I went PC, a Sony VAIO with a gig of RAM and 450GB storage. Also added a Mac Powerbook in the media room. I have really gotten into my iPod and I bought the Powerbook to handle iTunes duty without adding the 40Gigs to my desktop setup and to keep it all portable (wireless network in home). Having the Mac has been great and it has given me a chance to learn the Mac OSX (with Tiger). My mind is already made up... my next desktop will be a Mac.

I picked up a new Canon Rebel XT Digital camera and have been experimenting/learning how to use that too. I definately have more toys than time!

Other than new toys, not much has changed.

Scott A. Pope

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all. I have just completed a few upgrades to the HT! Added an Integra 9.8 processor (still using Sunfire as a 7 channel amp), Epson Powerlite Pro 1080UB projector and a Sony PS3 for gaming and Blu-Ray duties. Also added a Snap AV Dragonfly 106" high gain screen.

Time to start reprogramming the remote control!!!!!!!

I love the new toys! :P

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks