What's new

New HT construction pics up! (1 Viewer)

Steve U

Grip
I can't imagine sound waves being affected by a piece of paper, especially after having to travel through 1/2" sheet rock and 1/2" sound board. Theoretically, it makes sense, but I'm confident it wouldn't have that much effect.
(Plus I'm not looking forward to ripping down those two layers!)
------------------
Link Removed
(click logo for pics)
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams...
- W. Wonka

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
It would be the extreme high frequencies that might be affected by the thick paper, but I think Steve would have to be correct. Highs would never get through the two layers in front.
Deane

Brett Robert

Agent
Sorry Steve I was out of town. Yes I think it would bend fine. I would worry about reverberation with something that thin. I love the look that a stage adds.
------------------
~~~~~~~Brett~~~~~~~~~
Champagne tastes with a beer budget
My HT

Brett Robert

Agent
. A little tip with the fiberglass. Next time the little wife aggravates you, Just rub a little piece in her underwear drawer. I did that to my Ex onetime. Worked great. It works well when you house sit for friends while they are on there Honneymoon.

andyg

Agent
True the effect of the Kraft paper facing into the room vs not is a minimal effect, but if you are going through the trouble of all the sound board, drywall, and sealing with acoustical caulk, I would do it the correct way. As Dennis Erskine said to me "if the drywall was 100% effective, you wouldn't need the fiberglass batting would you." I would try an turn it around in areas you could.
--Andy Garabedian

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks