1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

New HDTV Channels coming to DirecTV

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Scott_Sylke, Apr 7, 2003.

1. Scott_Sylke

Scott_Sylke Well-Known Member

Has anyone else received this call from DirecTV lately "Hello, we are going to be releasing some new high def channels soon on DirecTV. Can you tune your receiver to channel 90? If you see a DirecTV logo you have the equipment necessary to receive the new channels"?

That is the basic jist of the conversation. I know ESPN should be coming soon. However, the rep said channel"s". Does anyone know of any other new HDTV channels that are under contract negotiations with DirecTV???

Just curious to hear any new scoop.

Thanks.

2. MikeM

MikeM Well-Known Member

No, I didn't receive this call, but channel 90 is a testing channel for the 110 sattelite. I receive it, and it's showing that DirecTV logo in 480p.

3. Robert_J

Robert_J Well-Known Member

Robert
    Discovery HD has been on Dish for a year and DirecTV has been in "negotiations" every time anyone asks about it. ESPN HD just launched. Bravo HD and "Skinamax" HD have been announced. AVS Forum has a very good summary of all the announcements and rumors.

-Robert