What's new

New Hawaii Five-0 Fan (1 Viewer)

shadyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad Lloyd
I am 44 years old and remember my folks watching this series as I grew up, but never really got into it!
I recently purchased Season 1 and am really enjoying it, but what I wanted to know is if the early seasons were better than the latter ones or vice versa.

Please give me any detailed info on the show if possible without any spoilers

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
IMO This Show held up real well until the final season. (1980) Two things contributed to it's demise. First after it had been on the air for 12 years, and by this time it had "Jumped the Shark". Secondly, it was the victim of frequent pre-emptions in its Thursday evening time slot. (9:00 PM Eastern Time) There were times when it was pre-empted three weeks in a row so CBS could air some "Special", unfortunately this caused many fans to give up watching, thinking it had already been cancelled. I have already purchased the first five seasons, and will purchase season six when it comes out later this month. Season two is missing an Episode (Bored, She Hung Herself - which I have seen!):D

shadyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad Lloyd
I really like the Kono character and was sad to see he was canned after
season 4, as he added some humor to a show that really needed it !
Did Al Harrington add or take anything away from the show as Konos replacement?

At what point did the show "Jump The Shark" ??
Did McGarret got to Mars to save Danno from some man eating Martians and then find out the atomosphere damaged his hair and went to a toupee ? :D

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I read somewhere that they are doing a new version of the show with McGarret's son. Anyone else hear about this?

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
So what was the deal with Kono? Did he quit the show, or was he fired? And what happened to the character? When his replacement (Ben) showed up there was no explanation... it was like Kono never existed.

Also haven't heard any news about the new series in a long time.

shadyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad Lloyd
There are rumors that he quit due to lack of character development, but it is on record that Jack Lord had him fired because of some racist comments he made to a show publicist.
That's all I know, but I loved his character Kono !!

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Interesting- comments about what race, I wonder?

Was it ever explained what happened to the character? I'm a few discs into season 5 & there's been no mention of him.

shadyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad Lloyd
I am not finished with season 1 yet, but 1960s and 1970s television was alot different than the way it is now.
Characters just disappear or change with no explanation or reason.

Now days if an actor is leaving a show, they will have an episode showing that character leaving for a new job and will continually mentioned in future episodes.

It was just a lot different back then !

cardinalmark

Agent
Real Name
Mark Collins
We still all hope for a new Five-0 to come out in 2010. I really think things changed for Five-0 in the seventh season. The music changed, as did the plots. You can only do so much with a series that runs a long time. However, their are still some great shows in the last 5 years! Wo-Fat returns with some good shows. Anyone with a copy of Bored, she hung herself, Please contact me. I would like to get a copy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks