What's new

New Goldeneye-Any info about it? (1 Viewer)

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Hello all,
I recently heard about a supposed sequel for the classic GOLDENEYE in which you play another agent looking to prove himself and complete objectives before Bond himself does. Are there any trailers or new articles out for it yet? I don't even know if it will be available for all of the console systems or not, nor if RareWare is doing it.

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator
I have read a bit about it, I don't believe the agent is trying to prove himself. From the trailers I have seen the agent is dismissed for being too violent, etc. That's why it is called Rogue agent.

I'm all for a new Bond game but I can't really see how they can call this game Goldeneye 2 except to cash in on the name.
There have been several Bond games and any one of them could have easily been called Goldeneye 2. I don't really see why this game would tie into the first game or make it worthy of the title.
Had G2 come ou back in the day of the N64 and been made by the same team I could see it but I don't know how after all these years how this is going to capture the heart of the original.

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Dean,
Is it going to be in first-person perspective like the originol N64 version was? And do you know if it will be available for all console systems (I only have a Gamecube right now).
Thanks,
Marty.

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Thanks for the info guys, I just put a few dollars down as a pre-order from ELECTRONICS BOUTIQUE the other day. Am really looking forward to it!:D

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Figured it was time for an update, just for the hell of it. I have since bought an XBOX with the component & optical cables. I have yet to but a Gamecube game since. Anyhow, I realize it's very late notice, but I just wanted to let you folks out there know that I really enjoy most of the features of Rogue Agent. Apparently, it got terrible reviews, but I think it's an example of "movie critics disliking a particular movie, but the public loves it". After much effort and some stress, was able to complete the game on HARD mode (the Volcano Lair being the biggest cause of my aggravation), and open up the ONE LIFE MODE. The only two things I don't like about it are the fact that you can't jump (I realize that most fps games don't have that option, but it would have been nice) and that there are no bots in the multiplayer. How did some of you other gamers enjoy it?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

Not in this case - critics hated it, the game buying public hated it (generally).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks