What's new

New Godsmack Release tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Todd Smigelski

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone else excited ? I hear it'll be a reduced price of 8.99 everywhere. ...and at that price it's a no-brainer

Curious if anyone has heard the album yet ?

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I've heard the first single and it sounds very much like the first two records, which is both good and bad. I kinda like to see the bands I am interested in grow a little bit musically with each new release and it doesn't seem (at first impression) like that's the case with Godsmack. However, I could be passing judgement too early based on only one release. The fact that it sounds like older stuff is not all that bad, seeing as I love the older stuff. However, I felt that Awake was far inferior to the first album so my hopes for this release are not that high.

I am wondering about the drop in price for this release. Usually you see this with new artists or bands that need exposure, but hardly with established artists like Godsmack. I'm wondering if they are anticipating lowered demand for this release?

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I don't know why, but I couldn't get into the second album. The first has something very charming about it, and I love it, but I just never had an interest in hearing more.

Todd Smigelski

Stunt Coordinator
Evan S,

This should answer your drop in price question:

Godsmack frontman battles for the fans
March 31st, 2003

Godsmack’s Sully Erna stepped up to the heads of Republic/Universal Records to represent the voices of their fans. Erna and the label were able to come to an agreement that will lower the cost of their new album, Faceless. With the prices of CDs burning holes in the pockets of music fans, this will come as a nice break for your wallet. But you have to hurry because the special low price is only good for the album’s first week after its release on April 8th.

Taken From
http://www.rockrage.com/headlines/ne...ck_033103.html

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
Well, I love Godsmack. They're one of the few true rock bands left. I'm very excited to buy this new album when I get some cash together. I hope its better than Awake, which I liked but not nearly so much as the first. Has anyone heard the entire album yet?

-Marshall

Alan Erceg

Stunt Coordinator
I have heard the entire album. If you like Godsmack you will like the album. I loved their first album, but the last one and this new one havent done anything for me. All sounds the same, but it is better than most of the crap that is portrayed as music today. just my 2 cents.

Alan

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
This was suppose to be $8.99 everywhere FOR THE FIRST WEEK OF RELEASE but when I went to my local BB today, they listed it at $13.99 with no markdown price. I walked out of the store. I have to hit my local Media Play or Circuit City or Target to see if they have it at the reduced price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks