What's new

New Gmail Tabs? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Ok, so they're been around a couple of months, but they're still new to me. I typically do not go via a browser to read my gmail. I use the Mail app on my iPad 2 or my iMac. What do these new tabs been to me? Are my iOS devices only getting mail from the Primary tab? What about the Social and Promotions tabs?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
The new Gmail tabs are just THE BEST THING EVER.If, like me, you hate wading through all the promotional mail you get that's not spam, its from companies you trust but you don't read em every time, stick em in that promotions tab and check that only every few days and your main tab is blissfully clean, only the REAL PEOPLE email you care about!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Lately I've noticed that messages aren't showing up in my Primary tab very quickly. That is, the Inbox link on the left menu will show I have messages, indicated by a number, but then nothing is in the Primary tab. I have to go to All Mail before I can see them. It seems like mostly a delay in sorting or something, so it's not a big deal, but I'd prefer not to face that discrepancy.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
What happens to someone like me who doesn't use a browser for email. I let my iMac Mail app gather my mail. Is it getting only the primary tab or all the other tabs?

Users who are viewing this thread