What's new

New--Free!--Alice in Chains song "A Looking in View" (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
AIC are set to release their first new album in over a decade (and first with William DuVall on vocals), and the song "A Looking in View" is available for free download at aliceinchains.com (you provide your email address). You can also listen to it streaming on the site.

It's pretty epic, and it definitely sounds like Alice. Vocally, obviously you can't match up to Layne but it still feels like Alice. The song would totally fit on their self-titled album.

The full album, Black Gives Way to Blue, comes out September 29--definitely looking forward to it.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I've given it a few listens and am impressed. Can't wait for the new album!

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by AnthonyC

AIC are set to release their first new album in over a decade (and first with William DuVall on vocals), and the song "A Looking in View" is available for free download at aliceinchains.com (you provide your email address). You can also listen to it streaming on the site.
Care to throw me a bone, Anthony?

I can stream it, but I am not seeing any place to download the track, nor to sign up other than to the message boards.

I appear to be exceedingly dense today ;-)

Brian

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The download used to be on the splash screen, but it appears to be gone now in favor of a full-length (NSFW) video. The track should play automatically on the main site. Since it was free, I'll PM you the download. :)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Brian L

Care to throw me a bone, Anthony?

I can stream it, but I am not seeing any place to download the track, nor to sign up other than to the message boards.

I appear to be exceedingly dense today ;-)

Brian
I can up it for you if you haven't gotten it by now.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Ron Reda

I can up it for you if you haven't gotten it by now.

Anthony hooked me up, but thanks for offerring.

BTW, I have NFI how come my quote of Anthony has that weird graphic element to it. I appear to be having a learning curve issue with the new forum.

Brian

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Brian L

Anthony hooked me up, but thanks for offerring.

BTW, I have NFI how come my quote of Anthony has that weird graphic element to it. I appear to be having a learning curve issue with the new forum.

Brian
Never mind... looks like the new Forum does not play nice with Safari. What I was seeing was a huge distortion of the little icon after the "Originally posted by" thing.

I am looking at it with Firefox now, and it renders correctly.

Gee...I thought Ronbo was a Mac guy! Tsk, tsk!

Brian

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
I think I'd rather have seen Cantrell do something different than Alice in Chains, even if it was same players, Different vocals, sans Layne. Still, that aside, it is pretty sweet, and I'll probably have to get the album. Alice in Chains has always been a staple in my music collection.

Edited by CaseyL - 7/16/2009 at 07:48 pm GMT

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks