What's new

New Foo Fighters album to be DualDisc (1 Viewer)

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Well at least the acoustic disc will be. This according to the latest Foo article in Rolling Stone. For those who don't know the latest Foo Fighters album will be a double disc affair called 'In Your Honor'. Featuring one disc devoted completely to rock, the other to acoustic material.

I'm hoping that the Rock side is also a DualDisc (it would be foolish for it not to be as rock would sound more kick ass in 5.1 then the acoustic). Still awesome news none the less.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I'll definitely agree that both discs should be DualDisc. Oh well. At least it's new Foo Fighters!

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
The article did confirm that the Rock side does a have a DVD side which will include bonus behind the scenes stuff. So I can only assume a 5.1 advanced res mix is there too.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I hope that's true. Oh, and do you have any idea when the release date is for the new album?

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
My buddy and fellow Htfer Nick Graham and I were just talking about. Recently in Rolling Stone, Grohl was just saying rushed they were on their last album. He said there were two or three great songs on it, but on this next album they really had time and put forth effort to make the album they wanted to make.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Well that's true and it's not. One by One was recorded twice. The first efforts were recorded in November-December of 2001 in LA (for the most part). But the band didn't like the sound - Dave was unhappy with how produced it was sounding - so they took a long break. Things happened like Dave touring with Queens, Taylor ODing, Nate and Chris going off with their own bands. Around May the band returned to the studio (although Dave's basement studio in Virginia) and churned out a new version of the record withing 2 weeks I believe. Raw, unrehearsed, and essentially no Pro Tools.

That's One by One love it or hate it. I think Dave has this stance because they've spent all this time on In Your Honor which is a really solid disc and is more polished in terms of material. But I imagine in a few years he'll come around to liking One by One again.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
^There are two versions.

A regular 2 disc. And a 3 disc DualDisc. I still can't get a confirmation if the rock side has an Advanced Res version, but the Acoustic does.

The album is amazing, BTW. I recommend you guys check it out.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I may have missed the DD, but my Sunday Best Buy and Circuit City adds only list the 2 disc CD.

$9.99, IIRC.

Brian

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Actually, will the DualDisc come out the same time as the 2 CD set? I saw three ads for the 2 CD set this weekend and usually they'll say something like, "DualDisc also available", but not this time... BB, CC, and Target.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Also worried about whether the DualDisc is coming out tomorrow...haven't seen any print ads indicating so...

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking this one up on Thursday. I just got into the Foos recently (end of 2004), so this is the first time I'm buying a new album of their's. Hope it's as great as the others.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
From Amazon. Also looks like this one doesn't continue the tradition of the DualDisc being priced within range of the CD. DD is $24 and CD is $15... I don't understand not doing a surround sound mix for both discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks