What's new

New cover art: Star Trek Nemesis (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
The Films will Always do exactly what the TOS films did, concentrate on 2 or 3 major characters. TNG was a very ensemble series but unfortunately thats not the nature of film where the other characters will always be peripheral and Data and Picard will rule. If they made an Enterprise Film you could be sure they would Focus on Archer,T'pol and Trip. (Well actually the series does this anyhow)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I still have not seen this and it is disappearing quickly from the cinemas. Maybe I will wait and rent the DVD.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
It speaks volumes that their positive review blurb on the cover comes from Richard Roeper. This film did poorly in theaters not because of timing, not because of marketting, but because it was a bad film. Word of mouth killed this film, not Lord of the Rings.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Can you honestly say (with a straight face) that this film was not better than insurrection ???? Anyhow it's a matter of choice no sense arguing about it. I Found Nemesis on Par if not better than ther other TNG Films. But I said to my wife as I exited the theater that I was Ok where this Film left our characters (Well maybe not Data) and I think it's time for the Trek Series to take a 10 year break. Then come back with an Event Film. Something very different.

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Can you honestly say (with a straight face) that this film was not better than insurrection ????
I know I can :) Insurrection was structured a hell of a lot better than Nemesis was in my opinion. Nemesis tried way too hard to be liked by everyone and that's where it all went wrong. It was poorly edited, the CGI was below par (they should stick with models) and some of the acting was dire! You'd think Marina Sirtis would have learnt to act by now :) Mind you, I still enjoyed it and will be picking up the disc come May!

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Can you honestly say (with a straight face) that this film was not better than insurrection ????
Straight face on:
This film was not better than Insurrection.

Once again, it can come down to personal preference, but I thought Insurrection was a very good Star Trek film. It took me back to TNG more than any of the four. It's at least as good as First Contact.

Necrosis was worse than Generations, but better than Final Frontier.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
I went to the movie expecting Insurrection, but was pleasantly surprised. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, as did my wife and 13-year-old daughter, all of us big TNG fans. We'll certainly be getting Nemesis on release day.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
I can also say, with a straight face, that Insurrection was a better film.

But then, I think Star Trek: The Motion Picture was the best of the original Trek movies... or at least in a dead heat with Khan.... so I may be in a minority here.

Insurrection had the characters dealing with some serious issues. Nemesis had them racing around in an RV, reassembling a "Data" that was never adequately explained, and blowing stuff up. I can go see any of the latest sub-standard bond flicks and get the same jollies there. When I go see a Star Trek movie, I want Star Trek, not Bond.

Stuart Baird's unfamiliarity with Trek was all too obvious here. Sometimes, a fresh perspictive is a good thing. But Baird's heavy-handed direction along with Logan's nearsighted script scored a perfect miss for me.

-Scott

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well the general Complaint against most of the TNG Movies, especially Insurrection was that it did'nt feel like it was anything more than a two Hour Episode. There was nothing Special about the Effect and the story was very TV Episode like. So they make Memesis, which in my opinion, was the most movie like of the bunch, and the fans all complain it was'nt enough like the seies episodes. They can't win .

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
See, now *I* have never understood the complaint "it's a two hour episode". Uh.... it's a motion-picture BASED ON A TV PROPERTY. Of *course* it's a two hour episode! :D It's a two hour episode with a bigger budget. :D

Totally agree with you Dave. :D

(At least Worf wasn't plagued with massive zits in this movie... yeesh!)

Steve Bjorg

Stunt Coordinator
I know I'm in the minority, but I found Insurrection to be by far the best ST film of the NG crew. I liked the setup, the tension, and the resolution very much. There were -- as in all ST films -- a few misses, but in general I felt it was a very serious topic covered well.
Necrosis, on the other hand, is definitively the worst of the bunch in my book. I've been a die hard fan of the series for decades and I almost fell asleep!!! Whoever wrote and directed this ill-conceived project should be banned from ever making an ST film again.
Anyway, I don't want to dissuade anyone from purchasing this DVD. I only wish I could enjoy this movie as much as some other people seem to do.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
You have two people to blame for the downfall of Trek-dom:

Rick Berman & Brannon Braga.

The tag team, "dynamic" duo who can't write themselves out of the proverbial wet paper bag. They also don't seem to give a shit and look no further than UPN's Enterprise to see that attitude in action.

Nemesis was pure garbage and just as bad (no, I take that back) worse than Star Trek V.

Dan

Joel C

Screenwriter
The lack of a 2 disc set doesn't bug me. The new SEs are 2 discs for marketing purposes, I think, since they have multiple featurettes that are just ST fluff unrelated to the movies (the Khan one on the books, for example). As long as there are some deleted scenes, I'll behappy.

I thought the movie was ok, but my least favorite of the TNG films, since I've liked Generations and Insurrection equally, and FC is way out in front.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks