1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

New console as centerpieces

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by ChampN252, Sep 3, 2013.

1. ChampN252

ChampN252 Active Member

Roland
    Anybody plan to use the ps4 or Xbox One as a centerpiece to their home theater? I do. I just do know which one yet.

2. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    We'll see. The PS3 is my Bluray player of choice currently. The determining factor is going to be:
    A. How good are the remotes (if there are any, haven't seen any announced yet)
    B. How badly do the cameras suck in a projector environment.

As for now I plan on pairing the Xbox One with my plasma in my family room and the PS4 in my basement projector theater.

3. ChampN252

ChampN252 Active Member

Roland
    I like your ideas. Sounds like the XB One of more HT orientated.

4. Type A

Type A HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

Ty
    Games, its all about the games and I wont blindly be investing in either console until there are clearly games worthy of the upgrade. Motion, in my book, would make a poor centerpiece of a typical home theater system (at least from a front projection perspective). And supposedly all blu ray players are created equally so investing in a console for some unusually high quality blu ray function is not logical. At this point every other function the new consoles bring to the table I already have several times over in my theater.

5. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Premium
    Supporter

Carl III
    The new game consoles will be about four times as expensive as a decent blu ray player. I wouldn't use a game console as my primary disc player with the hope of extending the life of the game console.Sent from my SPH-M830 using HTF mobile app