1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

New computer monitor

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul_Medenwaldt, Oct 25, 2001.

1. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Well-Known Member

I just upgraded my video card from a Voodoo 4 32meg card to a Voodoo 5 64meg card and now i'm looking into purchasing a new computer monitor.
    I have a Gateway v700 and I don't think the monitor is up to par in displaying what the Voodoo 5 is capable of.
    I'm not looking to spend a lot of money, but would like some ideas on what kind of monitor i should be looking for.
    Thanks

2. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Well-Known Member

Why did you go from one unsupported card to another unsupported card???

3. Brandon_S

Brandon_S Well-Known Member

I don't really know what size monitor you are looking for, but I got a 19 inch KDS Avitron over the summer at Best Buy. It cost me $299.99 plus tax after the $70.00 rebate check came back. It has a Sony Trinitron tube in it. I have had great luck with such monitors. My last Dell computer had a Trinitron monitor and now this one. Happy shopping!
    Brandon Smith
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    http://sweb.uky.edu/~btsmit2
    btsmit2@pop.uky.edu

4. Camp

Camp Well-Known Member

If your on a budget, Samsung monitors are a fantastic deal. Whatever you get make sure it has a true flat screen...it makes a huge difference.
    I went with ViewSonic but Sony is great too.

5. Dave F

Dave F Well-Known Member

I have a Viewsonic (E700 I think) at work, and I love it. Great clarity.
    -Dave
    ------------------
    DVD List
    "The page you are looking for is here no more. Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'"