What's new

New Book Out On JAWS (1 Viewer)

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
If your a Jaws fan, there is a new coffee table book coming out called: JAWS:Memories From Martha's Vineyard. Here's the link:http://www.mvremembersjaws.com/buy/. There is a paperback version and a hard cover limited edition. The book is 296 pages and has a 1000 color and b/w pics. The prices are kinda steep though. The paperback is $59.95 and the limited edition is $250.00 which includes a dvd of behind the scenes footage and a 1"x1" piece of fiberglass hull from the Orca II (the sinkable one). I heard the postage is pretty steep too, like $48.00!! I'd love to have at least that paperback version sitting next to my Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back books in my bookcase.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Both, actually. I know a couple of people who would be fanatically interested in it, but I know they can't swing the limited edition. I forwarded the link, though. Wouldn't mind having it myself, for that matter, especially the LE, but as much as I love the film I can't justify that.

Real Name
Anthony
I just received this book recently. I should say that I was a little cynical about the content at first, fearing that it might be just a lot of photos of people on beaches staring at film crews and talking about events at a three-person remove. I was wrong. JAWS: MEMORIES FROM MARTHA'S VINEYARD is one of the great Making Of... books. I'm genuinely staggered by the amount of new (and pertinent) material here, pictorial and otherwise. It's well-written, really beautifully designed and full of content. I did spring for the limited edition and I know not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to afford that. The little bit of the Orca is geekily wonderful, I'll admit, and the dvd with 8 minutes of home-movie footage is brief but spectacular, for Jaws afficionados anyway (we actually see the jet blast of gore going off for the Kintner boy killing!!). But my PSA is this - the book is the real meat here. Don't miss out on this book because you can't afford the bells and whistles version. If you're a JAWS fan and you can possibly afford it, buy the paperback version at least. I know it's expensive but I don't see anyone resenting it when they realise what a quality product it is and how much love's been put into it. I'm not shilling for the publishers, honest! It's just a really terrific book. :)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
That's a good price for the limited edition version of this book!

Thanks for sharing news about this Jaws reference book.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I got the limited edition as well. That sucker is pretty heavy! I agree on all points Anthony. It's a must have book for any Jaws fan and the most definitive book about the movie. In fact, the author had so much material that he hinted about a possible supplimental book in the future. Whether that happens or not I don't know but I will say it fits nicely next to my Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back Making Of's. I waited sooooo long to see that alternate scene of the attack on Alex Kintner (the one where Bruce attacks the rubber dummy on the raft.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks