What's new

New Blu Ray player and TV and can't get 24fps.....help! (1 Viewer)

tacio25

Auditioning
Real Name
Stacey Hernandez
I have a new Samsung smart Blu ray player BD-E5700 which is set up to 24 fps and my tv, Mitsubishi 65" DLP TV WD-65737 series (1080p, 120hz), is setup as well. They are connected via hdmi, but I can't get that smooth look you see in video stores such as Frys and Best Buy. The picture is great, but not that fake almost camcorder look that I want to see. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Have you tried the "smooth 120hz" setting (found under "Global" in the menu)?

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
I just did some searching in the owners' thread over at AVS Forums. It appears that no one really knows what the Smooth120 feature actually does. I do know that DLP TVs do not have the motion blur issues that LCD TV are susceptible to, so it's likely this is a much different technology from the frame insertion technology used on 120Hz LCD sets. It also appears it has nothing to do with 24Hz performance or 5:5 pulldown. Here's a link to the thread, in case you want to check it out or ask your question there: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1142582/2009-mitsubishi-owners-thread-c9-737-837

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
You WANT to see the "fake, almost camcorder" look? Why? I don't understand. If so, you bought the wrong tv! The reason people buy DLP tvs is to get the more film-like picture, instead of the video camcorder picture you get from the other tvs. Just curious.........

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by tacio25
I have a new Samsung smart Blu ray player BD-E5700 which is set up to 24 fps and my tv, Mitsubishi 65" DLP TV WD-65737 series (1080p, 120hz), is setup as well. They are connected via hdmi, but I can't get that smooth look you see in video stores such as Frys and Best Buy. The picture is great, but not that fake almost camcorder look that I want to see. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
I think that "smooth" look is not 24 fps. 24 fps mode will look more like film. You're looking for the 120 Hz interpolated video that looks like "video" TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks