What's new

New Animated Ninja Turtles Movie.. (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Apparently it's so new, even Peter Laird hadn't heard about it untill he read a report on the Toonzone Message Boards. So, no news is forthcoming on plot details.

I'm hoping it'll be theatrical, perhaps animate a storline from the comics alla Return to New York in the style of the new show. Maby carry a PG-13 rating.

?If anyone here knows someone from 4kids and can give us some insite, most appreciated.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
If Peter Laird didn't know, it would have to be very early in pre-production. Definitely not a go yet. I doubt there are any concrete plans currently.

ColeKR

Stunt Coordinator
Whatever happend to the CGI version that I heard about a while back? Was that just a rumor. The turtles are making a big comeback with the cartoon, toys, and new video game.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
I find this to be totally ridiculous. They have a potentially HUGE product by releasing the original TMNT on DVD, and last I heard it wasn't even on the table. Yet, here they are thinking of making a new movie?

Maybe my expectations for today's audience is lacking, but I think that they'd have a better money-maker on their hands by releasing the original series on DVD as opposed to a new movie.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
They have a potentially HUGE product by releasing the original TMNT on DVD, and last I heard it wasn't even on the table. Yet, here they are thinking of making a new movie?
Are you referring to the original animated TV show or the first movie? Because the first movie and it's sequel (not sure about Turtles in Time) are both on DVD, in fact I picked it up at Kmart for like $9.00 not too long ago. Granted its barebones as everything, but it's nice to have the film on disc as I love it!

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
The original cartoon series. I already have the movies on DVD. :)

I mean - my God - A&E thinks that there was enough demand for Danger Cat and Minute Mouse of all cartoons; yet there's apparently not enough demand to release the original TMNT episodes on DVD, but there is enough demand to possibly make a new movie?? Oh, come on!

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
The CGI version was long rumored but never came to fruition. With the new animated series one of the highest rated Fox Box shows(wich isn't saying much), I'd put much more moeny on betting this thing will see daylight.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
And jsut to confirm things, this is a new animated movie based on the Fox Box show, not the original series..

And on another thread, apparently with Artisan up for sale, releasing the TMNT on DVD is apparently not a #1 priority anymore untill a sale is compelte.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The CGI movie was real. The test footage can be found around the internet, but apparently, it never got greenlit and then the options expired.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
The CGI movie was real. The test footage can be found around the internet, but apparently, it never got greenlit and then the options expired.
I heard about and saw the mysterious "internet CGI footage," but as far as I'm aware that was actually a test for a possible CGI series rather than a film, and the horrid quality of the stuff was a testament to that if I remember how awful it looked correctly :)

JohnAP

Second Unit
I got the test footage off a file sharing service for the proposed CGI series. The quality of the file wasn't great, but it looked to me like they were doing a good job with the animation and it was just a test reel. It was ultimately abandoned I guess for the new series, which I think has done pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks