What's new

New 52" LCD, need advice (1 Viewer)

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I was really hoping to get a XBR6 but the prices have shot up as of late. I hear that Samsungs have noticeable lag but not sure if that is true or not. Any suggestions for both 360 and PS3 gaming?

How is the Sony KDL52W4100 or another brand altogether?

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I would say the Samsungs are on-par with the Sonys. Typically when people discuss LCDs they talk about the "Three S's" which are Samsung, Sharp and Sony as those seem to consistently be the three best manufacturers in the LCD market.

Something to consider is the fact that Sony (and the others) are all announcing new models during this week's consumer electronics show. Most of these won't be available for 1-4 months, but when they do become available it should result in some clearances on the current models which might allow you to pick up the XBR6 that you want.

On the Samsung, I would suggest starting at the A650 model.

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
Buying electronics these days is almost like playing the stock market.
It seams the manufactures take turns on offering prices drops. I purchased a Sony 52" W series last week after seeing it and other Sony models on sale for a number of weeks. One week the XBR would be a good deal the next week a W. Now it seams the V and S models are being featured.

This weeks ads seem to have a lot of Samsung models on sale.

I find the same thing true with Digial SLR's. Folks like Nikon will offer a particualr model for a low price for a month or so and then it goes away. It seems the on line retailers like Amazon adjust prices on Electronics on almost a daily basis. If you get too greedy and wait too long the price may go up on you.

virp123

Auditioning
Real Name
vir
Ya thats true...The TV market is just like Stock market nowadays.
The TV today is for 3000 may not be same for tomorrow.
As Seth Said, if sony is going to announce new models soon, it will be good to have some patience and after lowering the prices, one can get the model.

As far as, model is concern, Sony Bravia KDL52XBR6 is the hottest model in the market nowadays. Its like having all the features with a reasonable price.

Do a small research and then go for purchasing....

Regards,

sestamuch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonas
I think with the recession there's a tendency to lower the prices I'd prefer to get some money out of the customer than noe.

beepa

Auditioning
Real Name
Andy
Check out the Samsung LN52A850 ... if you can find it!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks