What's new

new 27'' Samsung HDTV at Bestbuy (1 Viewer)

david*mt

Second Unit
Samsung HDTV

Has anyone gotten it yet? I'd like to hear opinions on it. I wonder if its really any better than last years model other than the 3:2 pulldown. By the way, does anyone know if Samsung has a new non-HD 27'' tv on the way? Bestbuy still shows the TXM-2790F which they've had for a while.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Looks almost identical to last years model...cept its silver and has 3:2 pulldown...

david*mt

Second Unit
Okay, I've narrowed it down to the two Samsung 27'' tvs, either the HDTV one or the TXM-2790F. I'd like someones opinion on which to get. It will be primary used for DVDs and TV watching. I'm in college and won't be able to have HD for a couple years. I know DVDs would look better on the HDTV, but is it worth the extra money? The TXM-2790F does have a 16:9 mode which should make DVDs look good.

JasonRH

Second Unit
I think it's worth the extra money to get the HDTV-ready model. No scan lines make the picture much more pleasing.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Always go for the newer technology when you can. NTSC-only sets are going to be a thing of the past in the not-too-distant future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks