What's new

New 150 episode "Ultimate TV Westerns" from Mill Creek, incl "Pistols & Petticoats" (1 Viewer)

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator
While Pistols n Petticoats is silly much like the Beverly Hillbillies is, Ann Sheridan's role is hardly a "granny" role, but rather a self sufficient capable woman in her own right. And, whether sitcom or not, is indeed a western.

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator
All the episodes of Pistols n Petticoats that I have seen listed are indeed public domain episodes that have been released already. I have all the ones listed. I just wish they would make an official release of the show so they would be in color like they are supposed to be.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

They're public domain? Why, because the people selling them say so? What else are they supposed to say, that they are copyrighted shows that they're bootlegging? NO SHOW made 1964 and up is public domain. It's possible that it may not be registered for copyright YET, although even that is highly doubtful with a company like Universal that guards it's properties like Fort Knox. Any show made from 1964 up has 75 years in which to register it's initial copyright and then I think another 75 or something upon renewal. This was something Disney bought it's way through Congress in the late 90s.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

How can select episodes of Bonanza or Beverly Hillbillies be PB? But they seem to be...somehow.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

Well first off, they are pre-1964. Secondly, the laws were different then and the initial copyright lasted only 28 years. When the renewals came up, the copyright holders were lax and didn't renew, hence PD. But not the music, which is still copyrighted.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

There was an official "Best Of" release containing eight episodes that Artisan released several years ago on Region 1 discs; however, this may be out of print (only used copies are currently being offered at Amazon; see: http://www.amazon.com/Best-Bonanza-V...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd) And there have been several season sets that were released in Germany. But in terms of authorized U.S. releases, the Artisan set has been it. Every other U.S. release (including this "Ultimate TV Westerns" collection) draws from the same 31 episodes from the first two seasons of the series that fell into the public domain due to copyrights not being renewed for those episodes.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
For those looking for "Pistols 'n' Petticoats," I came across this listing at Echo Bridge Entertainment's web site. Apparently six episodes are included on the disc. I couldn't find this at Amazon, so good luck trying to find a copy but, for those who are interested, here's the description:

https://www.echobridgeentertainment....Volume_6_30569

You can buy this from Echo Bridge direct for $3.99, but they charge a whopping $6.50 for shipping!

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
The Echo Bridge (a.k.a. Platinum Disc Corp) titles can also be ordered at bestbuy.com. They want $4.99 plus $1.99 shipping, plus sales tax, for the Pistols And Petticoats title Bob Hug mentions.

Best Buy still lists the stealth release of all 39 episodes of STORIES OF THE CENTURY, with Jim Davis,Mary Castle,and Kristine Miller, plus a few bonus episodes of JUDGE ROY BEAN. It's listed as: TV CLASSIC WESTERNS: LEGENDS OF THE OLD WEST, 42 episodes for $7.99 plus $1.99 shipping,plus tax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks