What's new

New 1000 watt class D sub plate amp available!! (1 Viewer)

Chad Kuypers

Stunt Coordinator
Once again, I have noticed a newly available product and I don't think that anyone here has posted it yet. The Kiega 1000 watt class D amplifier has just become available over at Madisound. Take a look:

http://www.madisound.com/kgnd.html

I think that it goes without saying that this is the answer to many subwoofer DIY'ers prayers. Yes, there is certainly cheaper power available from pro-amps, but 1000 watts of Class D power for under $600 in a plate amp is really fantastic to finally have available. I have been waiting for this to become available for some time. I have owned several different Pro amps from Crown etc. and while they have all been great, I think that I will just be buying these from now on. No fan noise!!!

I have to give a big thumbs up for Madisound. I have bought tons of stuff from them and I am glad that I can finally give them some of my subwoofer business too. Dang, between this and 4 of those new PR's from Parts Express, I have run up quite a tab this month!!

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, this one looks cool, it's been discussed a bit and Kyle will be carrying it in a few weeks, hopefully a little cheaper. The power rating is right on by all accounts. Don't have any info. on customizing the rumble filter, but I can e-mail you the .pdf I have for the rumble filter (-3dB @ ~17Hz) and 25Hz bass boost if you'd like.

Tom-K

Stunt Coordinator
What do you guys think this thing would do if it saw a 2ohm load, such as 2 tumults in a series/parallel configuration. Think it would fry? Or do you think I should patiently wait for John J's new amp from Stryke? Will 200 watts make that big of a difference? His will be 800 watts stable at 2 ohms?

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
I'm going to wait for the Stryke's amp as if I remembered it correctly he was stating 2000w at a 1 ohm load (plenty of headroom for my AV15 and any other future acquisition) but hopefully someone will come up with one that has the form factor of the buttkicker amp instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks