What's new

Nevo or Logitech? (1 Viewer)

wnnabepro

Agent
Real Name
Micah
Okay I feel really dumb asking this kind of dumb question(only cause i have installed home theater systems and sold many customers Logitech products for the last 3 years) but is Nevo better than Logitech? I switched to a new supplier for my products and they don't sell Logitech, they sell Nevo. I still have a account at the supplier that sells Logitech, but I'm very curious about the Nevo brand. Does anyone here have any input on Nevo compared to Logitech?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
You're really talking about something like a 50Q vs. a Harmony, right? I really don't like the Nevo :( I haven't seen the S70, but their offerings from before always had a really crap software package to go with them.

They tend to cost way more, and do way less.

wnnabepro

Agent
Real Name
Micah
You read my mind mattCR. I have mainly installed/sold Harmony 1100's and 900's. I have never had really any problems with the Logitech Harmony remotes and have never had a call back. The only thing I have heard some clients complain about is that the Logitech Harmony Remotes are "confusing"(what?). So when I saw the Nevo brand and the fact that there user interfaced looked easier it made me start wondering if I should switch lines to Nevo or add a new line. I try to approach my clients as if I was buying the product. I have 2 Logitech Harmony Remotes(650 and 1100) and the RF Extender and I love it. I have never had any problems with either of them. Keep the input coming!

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
the Nevo remotes aren't any easier to use... unless the new generation changes things, and they can be a bit more confusing. Plus, their control system isn't as easy for an installer to pre-program, which is a real PITA

Paradise

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg
If you're referring to the C2 and C3 remotes from Nevo, I'm not a fan of them. The Q50 and S70's are a whole different animal, though. I tried a couple of different C3's for customers and the programming interface is somewhat confusing and if you have equipment without discreet power commands, then you have to make 2 more macro's for powering on the system (like a "Hello" command) and a "Goodbye" command in addition to your activity selections. They work, but it's just not as smooth as a Harmony. However, I remember when the Harmony remotes first came out, they had tons of glitches and work-arounds that had to be used, too. Hopefully the C2/ C3's will be better in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks